New customizable moonkin form = druids for all races

Druids are getting a brand new moonkin form in 10.2 complete with new animations and full customization of color, horns, adornments, special effects, etc. They’ve also opened up all of the racial moonkin forms to all races. Cat, bear, and travel forms will surely be next.

This is being done not just as a facelift for the class but also to open up druids to all races. Previously it was thought that druids would be too much work to implement for more races due to requiring racial forms but that is no longer the case. Future druid races will not have their own racial forms and will instead pick from the new customizable forms or the outdated racial forms.

Edit: In the newest ptr build, all of the old racial forms (including cat and bear) have been renamed and changed to be “full transformations” much like the full transformation dragon customizations so there will be baseline customizations for all forms and likely random “full transformation” forms added here and there

8 Likes

Absolutely, and storywise, it makes sense for 10.2.7 to be when it is implemented. We saved the Emerald Dream, and all the races on Azeroth can be inspired to help continue in its protection. The only two races I can see struggling or excluded are mechagnomes and Forsaken, but necromantic druids are a thing in TTRPGs and mechagnomes could be tiny animal transformers, so hey, anything is possible.

9 Likes

This is bad news indeed…

What will happen to my mechagnome transformer-forms? ^^

This is nothing more than conjecture.

1 Like

I know some people want it but I don’t see it happening, no reason for racial forms anymore if everyone can just make their own form using customization options. Undead druids however will look really weird using homogenized healthy druid forms, they’d look alright using the kul tiran forms though.

Duh, will be confirmed eventually though. Like Brambles said it’ll probably happen by 10.2.7

Imagine the shame of picking a race with one of the generic forms instead of a racial form the true Druids get.

Just like they said it was coming in 10.2. Duh indeed.

maybe this probably can be explained if we have Tinker and Necromancer class

I’ve always wanted to be a belf druid

2 Likes

Exactly! I’m happy I’m a Night Elf. We get the original true forms.

2 Likes

Every race is getting every form. No one is going to be special

I need blue confirmation on if this a plan or not, I grow tired of tauren and trolls being the only horde choices for druid lol.

2 Likes

Stay in your Horde Guild but go KT like the barrel chested man you are.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about it, I love their druid forms, but if there’s a chance at blood elf druids I was gonna hold out for them.

1 Like

The only thing Blizz has said is that they’re working on getting rid of race restrictions. No one who posts here will know when that is, and no blue is going to confirm anything, even if/when it’s officially announced (or datamine leaked).

Orc Druid’s please

Most of what I said in the original post is not speculation.

Here’s what’s confirmed on 10.2 ptr:

• Brand new moonkin model with new animations and full customization options akin to a playable race. New moonkin model is not race-themed.
  • All current (old) racial moonkin forms are now available to all

The only thing I speculated is that this change is what will open the doors for all races to become druids, provided the other forms are given the same treatment which they likely will be.

1 Like

I know this is uber niche and particular, but there goes my confession:
I’ve always wanted the Night Elf flight form to be available for Worgen like it was in the Cata Beta.

I’ve been saying for a while now Dragonflight has been amazing for customization opening up, I hope we just get more variety and freedom - this is an MMO after all… :slight_smile:

Was about to type something similar to this. I hope they act on it because I love this idea so much.

1 Like

hope this is what it means in terms of getting the forms we have no for all druids but we really need all the future races to have their own also. it would feel lazy otherwise. i would rather wait it out and get all those new forms. we have already waited almost 20 years whats a bit longer