New community council has Story/Lore section

Not applying, btw, if anyone wondered, or didn’t see my earlier comment about it.

Did you ever get any backlash or people messaging you due to appearing in the video? Has anyone who didn’t know you before recognize you from it?

No, I wasn’t aware I was in a video. This is the first I heard of it.

I have gotten some of my posts spam flagged by his acolytes, but the mods reinstated most of them.

Maybe his fans decline me from groups lol?

Now that I am aware of it, I am kind of curious though. But then I would have to watch one of his videos just to hear him mention me, and the idea of that is not my cup of tea.

8 Likes

See Cursewords, and you tried telling me you didn’t have stalkers two weeks ago smh I feel lied to

7 Likes

Well to be fair, I just found out, myself.

7 Likes

It’s basically anyone who crosses him, knowingly or not, like that one dev on twitter who insulted him.

It obviously is and it is why some people like Asmongold still play into the steorotype just for some cheap laughs.

But the steorotype does steam from how Video Games in general were originally marketed as a “young boy only toy”. To which we still see to this day. With stereotypical “male” games like GTA or FPS’s like Call of Duty. Meanwhile “female” / “girly” games are those that focus more on raising and customizing unicorns etc.

Even though there is a large group of women who do enjoy playing the “male only” centric games. Even before Video Games became mainstream the whole “gender specific” toys was stupid. She-ra and her side of the Masters of the Universe exist because there was a strong female fanbase for He-man and the Masters of the Universe. There was a strong voice for more female warriors since there was so few. To which Filmation (the animation studio behind the original cartoons) and Mattel clearly saw.

4 Likes

When I watched that documentry of the Toys that Made Us about Masters of the Universe I was appalled that the creators actually created this Universe to be exclusive to women sinply because the creators were angry about gender equality. It seems like karma that She-ra became way more popular. She’ra the Princess of Power was so important to me growing up.

I want to say “no” to streamers simply because streaming culture strikes me as incredibly toxic.

4 Likes

I’m bumping this to say that two streamers got Council invites.

4 Likes

So what are the chances someone from the story forum will get in? Why did my expectation turn to doubt.

4 Likes

There are like… three people around here I think could get in depending on how harshly Blizz will judge applicants with a story critical post history.

That’s assuming they plan on having more than just Nobbel and maybe RSG act as the story/lore council members.

I would volunteer to become a member. I would make Horde bias a thing.

Wowhead made a post that invites are coming out. I don’t know anyone specifically, besides these two.

I’ve seen five and all streamers

They’re probably hard pressed to find any nonwhite streamer who isn’t critical of this game

6 Likes

This company never improves.

1 Like

It might end up like the MVP program. One MVP had his status revoked for being sexist on stream.

1 Like

I have found one (1) Hispanic (white) accepted so far

(Also a streamer)

1 Like

Just fyi just because someone is from a minority background does not mean they have good ideas in how to address those concerns.

4 Likes

Well, yes, but diversity is important. I’m from a minority background too, but I didn’t apply because I got nothing to offer.