New community council has Story/Lore section

Sure I guess but I would be interested in getting people with good ideas in rather than whatever background they are from. For example if the corporate yesmen like T&E are allowed into this council it would be a huuuuge red flag for me.

Anyway I never really had hope for this council thing. They already had two iterations of this feedback system but never bothered to use it. This whole council thing is a publicity stunt.

1 Like

I think there was a post here from Baal that got instadeleted.

1 Like

Yup

Clocked

Wait and see yā€™all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is it all just small streamers so far?

1 Like

This person got invited, and he is not a streamer.

2 Likes

Never heard of these two, but I got enough information from Wochiā€™s twitter info. Heā€™s a journalist for Eurogamer. A journalist got into the council AND his wife did too. Iā€™m not feeling hopeful for this now. Gonna be mostly a bunch of elites who probably donā€™t actually have the players interests.

5 Likes

I think streamers being on the Council in general is horrible, as theyā€™ll probably post on the forums on stream, and people who disagree with them might get harassed.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t take journalists into consideration. Having a journalist on the council is a conflict of interest. They can make articles about what was said in meetings between the council and Blizzard, and use their platform to skew what happened. I think itā€™s obvious that some sort of deal was made if this guy was able to get not just him but his wife in as well. Iā€™d have more hope if they explained what their roles on the council will be, like Ortholomus did which I think is a great announcement post.

4 Likes

If Nobbel is on the council, I guarantee that wonā€™t happen.

(For those who donā€™t know him, heā€™s a prominent lore streamer who heavily favors the Alliance. To the point that I canā€™t stomach his videos, even though theyā€™re informative.)

8 Likes

I donā€™t mind streamers as long as they arenā€™t streamers that already have Blizzardā€™s ear.

I feel like thereā€™s a difference between someone like Preach who has mentioned having contacts at Blizzard in the past versus some random streamer that only has a few hundred viewers on average that streams goldmaking or mount/pet/mog collecting.

2 Likes

I have seen his videos. Can you showcase why you think this is true?
If he is laying out the facts correctly and it leans heavily Alliance then maybe its time to self reflect.

Iā€™m dissapointed that this Community Council just seems like a Marketing scam.

9 Likes

Iā€™d link a video of Commander Shepard insulting the Council, but that would get me banned.

3 Likes

Thank you for making a Mass Effect reference, that made my day. Although Iā€™m not Renegade Shep Iā€™m more of a Paragon Shepard.

I always rescue the Council ship. Iā€™m such a goodie two shoes.

3 Likes

Corporate PR 101 - bring your critics inside the tent and then co-opt them. Give them something to lose, e.g. a title or position or some other shiny thing, so that they will be more reluctant to publicly criticize you.

6 Likes

I have tried to play Renegade Shep several times. I can never do it. I always slip back to Paragon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If I make Renegade choices itā€™s because I made them by accident.

I accidentally picked ā€œshut upā€ and shot a guy once. Not my best day.

2 Likes

The way he spins things that have multiple interpretations, and also the assumptions he makes when speculating on the future.

1 Like

do you have an example?

Not off the top of my head. I gave up watching his stuff during Legion. But Iā€™m far from the only person to have noticed his pro-Alliance filter.