New Classes / Specs / Races

My opinion on what new classes they should add. 1 per expansion

• Warden - Actual class that hunts Illidan and demon hunters
    ( tank spec / healing spec / mid range/melee dps spec)

• Dark Ranger - based of Sylvanas. It was her dying gift, to gift her powers to Dark Rangers
    (tank spec / ranged hunter spec but dark / ranged caster/bow shooter combo)

• Tinkerer - based off well gnomes and tinkerers
    ( tank spec / healing mech spec / ranged mech / rocket spec)

Bard I am not sold on but maybe an argument could be made with some desirable traits/specs. Same with necromancer but has to be different than warlock. Maybe they could add a necro spec to warlocks.

• Let Shamens tank - 4th spec (mail tank)
  • Warlock Healers - add 4th spec
  • Rogue - tanks / with dodge? They just seem boring with specs to similar or maybe a mid range dps spec
  • Pally - 4th spec mid range dps caster
  • Monk - 4th spec - mid ranged healer (someone mentioned calling them Sundancers) though that was great.
  • Mage - melee / caster up close spec - Battle Mage
  • Demon Hunter - ranged spec / throw glaives and ranged demon hunter magic
  • Death Knights - 4th spec - healing spec with large aoe pools and other creative stuff

Also add new races / allied races

Alliance:

• Snake race from BFA
  • Night Fae
  • High Elves
  • Bastion Race
  • Owl race
  • plus whatever else / be creative to where it fits lore.

Horde:

• Ogres ( one headed and two headed)
  • Revendeth races / vampires. Alliance have wolfs)
  • another farm animal for the petting zoo army
  • plus whatever else / be creative to where it fits lore.

Neutral to start - can choose like Pandas

• Saberons / Cat race
  • Mogu’s (large like tauren cows)
  • another one get creative

Just some ideas, get on it Blizzard!

3 Likes

Bards actually fit Warcraft perfectly:

A 4th spec for Hunters - a modern version of RSV from before Legion.

1 Like

No. More. Classes.

The game already has huge problems. Not just with class balance, but with underdeveloped and empty specs.

Adding new classes makes class design and work harder - FOREVER - in exchange for a very short-term “shiny toy” that entertains a few people for a couple of weeks.

It’s not worth it.

Class design space is limited in the game. They’re already at the point where they have to take away from existing classes to create new ones.

And if they DO come up with a new idea, they should give it to an underdeveloped existing spec. Making new classes makes zero sense, considering the appalling state of specs like Arcane.

1 Like

Yes I agree they should balance and make all classes and specs a blast to play before adding new ones.

But also this game is so old, it needs new life breathed into it every so often.

To add to this… why not CLASS SKINS? Nearly any archetype could already be achieved with the right race/class combo and a class skin.

1 Like

Class skins seem much more likely. A lot less work for Blizz to balance, it’s just animation/icon changes.

1 Like

With regards to new classes, I mainly want to see Necromancers. I would happily take them as a class skin for Warlocks, however. Most other class suggestions I’m open to, such as Bards.

For new races, I’ll list my usual “Horde Triforce of Hope!™” for the races I want to become playable Horde races:

:small_red_triangle::crocodile: Courage! (Saurok)

:small_red_triangle::bat: Wisdom! (San’layn)

:small_red_triangle::japanese_ogre: Power! (Ogres)

There are other races I’d like to see become playable, such as Saberon, though I mostly focus on these ones since they are my most wanted.

Most importantly, I’d like to see more character slots per account. Speaking for myself, I’d be happy to buy more slots if that were an option. Especially if we get more races and classes in the future. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ogres are long overdue. They should have been in vanilla.

2 Likes

I’d like to see them open up basically all of the humanoid races at this point. The classes I’d like to see are Bard (a true support class), Tinker, Dragoon, Mesmer/Faerie magic/trickster magic class, Night Mage, Aquamancer, Time mage, Dinomancer (druid/hunter hybrid), an offensive light mage, a Vampire class (shadow priests and blood death knights don’t quite do it), Ravenmaster/Viking Magic-Warrior class (stealth, wind, death, shapeshifting somehow all combined), an Astromancer, Windshaper, and Necromancer (if it involves stitching up our own customizable abominations and such). Bard and Tinker seem especially lacking classes given they’re thematically present in many games.

If I could, I’d make a tortollan monk, an ethereal bard named Kvothe, a sethrak dinomancer named Rasp, a dragonkin time mage, a skinny human dragoon, an undead elf necromancer, a jinyu aquamancer, an Arrakoa Ravenmaster, a kyrian light mage, a night fae mesmer, an eredar astromancer, a frostborn windshaper, an ogre tinker, a furbolg night mage, and of course, a night elf mohawk.

Balancing issues aside, I’d like more variety.

Would love a dark ranger

Add Tuskarr to that list please! :+1:t4:

Nope we definitely need a Tinker class and something along the lines of a Necromancer. Players have been asking for years.

1 Like

Good stuff! A few others that I’d like to see.

Kul Tiran: Small skinny option

Tide Sage: 4th Priest spec

Goblin: Fat option!

Goblin Trade Prince: Comes with a Garrison like location where you have a business. Comes with Hobgoblin bodyguards. Just a joke!!! But I’d play the heck out of that!

Mad Scientist: For Forsaken

Bard: Profession

Shaman tank spec. Earth and Water affinities allows you to become a tank, you can block them with earth or absorb the damage with water.

Make it happen Blizz!

Sounds like you’re advocating for:
No. More. Fun

Expansions that drop new classes have consistently gone down in history as Some of the best expansions in WoW’s history

Yeah this isn’t true at all.

There’s plenty of creative freedom to be had.

Not everyone is a downer like you.

Any patch that doesn’t have Tinkers breaks my immersion.
We see them everywhere, but can’t play as one

I say make undead have different models one for each race. Who wouldn’t want an undead Tauren.

The Sethrak are allied with the Horde (especially after they rescued their Loa), Zandalari Outcasts and the Vulpera so they won’t be going Alliance. People really need to pay attention to the lore in game.

1 Like

Dark Ranger new player quests were added, removed, added back in, and then removed again.

I’m going to make an educated guess that that means dark ranger will be a thing.

snakes should join the blue side :100: :snake: