New class in 10.0? (Speculation)

I would like an unspecialized class like the one from The King’s Avatar. Jack of all trades class that has low level abilities from every class but has a high ceiling based on player’s individual skill.

I certainly hope not.

This team can hardly inject creativity or soul into the current classes.

I hold the highest doubt that they’d have the ability to make a new class that would be unique and fun.

They should start by working hard on existing, neglected specs and the many, many dead talents.

1 Like

I think the necromancer ship has sailed,

I want a blood mage-abilities that cost hp to cast.

That’d be neat

2 Likes

Hell yes.

10char

A new class should have 2-4 specs.

So, when you suggest a class also tell us what the specs could be.

Otherwise your class idea could just be a new spec for one of the classes we already have.

it’s a warlock with a boney boi unless blizzard makes it totally original

1 Like

Thats my though about many idea that overlap with other class such as a dragon class. Their is nearly nothing in what people propose that couldn’t just be a spec for a existing class like.

Or a DK that try to be a warlock.

Maybe. I see this sentiment a lot. There’s a lot of daylight between holy priest and holy Pally, or frost DK and frost mage. I’m sure they can make it unique enough.

Um Pandaren we’re almost an Alliance race in TBC.

Umm, they were ORIGINALLY conceived as a JOKE. Contradicting the notion that Blizzard NEVER implemented an April Fool’s joke as a serious addition to the game.

If you’re going to answer my post, at least keep up with the conversation.

Definitely would love to see a new class but given the direction, with rumors and everything else going on. It makes SO little sense to include Tinkers. Necromancers seem a lot more feasible now that everyone is exposed to the fact that death is another force in cosmology, not an evil, just driven by a evil person and its magic being abused. We could very well see a Diablo necromancer in WoW. Heck, I’d LOVE to see a healer out of it where it does damage, sapping health from enemies to heal the tank.

But they were not… They ended being use as a joke a bit before being playable but they were originally conceived as something real in WC3 when they decide that one of them would help for the foundation of Orgrimar and when they wanted to make them playable for one faction in Vanilla. It later that they were use as a april joke.

No, the ORIGINAL idea of them WAS a joke. They ended up in WC3 AFTER that joke, and then the joke was made AGAIN for WOW.

Pandaren were literally a joke TWICE.

Not adding Necro in shadowland actually make them way less possible than tinker. And giving how tinker keep being relevant every few expact and how they would be the easiest and the most logical choice, i don’t see why they couldn’t be it.

Yeah i just checked and you are wrght, the joke was even made before the inclusion of chen.

But since WC3 frozen throne was release exacly one year later, maybe they already planed chen and got the idea of the april joke with him. Could go either way to be honest.

Tinkers can be added anytime for sure but what’s bothering me is, why tinkerers now over another class like Necromancers, I understand the thinking from a few who say it’ll be a glorified Death Knight. Tinkerers on paper just sounds like a glorified profession. Until there’s more information both relating to the expansion and its theme, which again, assuming Dragon isles and with it something to do with Light/Void and Death (Yes, death is still relevant and why I made my point about Necromancers). It makes a lot less sense for Tinkerers not because its a stupid idea but because it subtracts what we just experienced in Shadowlands and knowledge we can use now. Necromancers definitely have a more solid reasoning to exist over Tinkerers as a playable class right now.

Additionally, What race even can be capable of being Tinkerers? It isn’t like Gnomes/Goblins are very willing to just have a entire academies dedicated to those who want to build mechs, tinker bots, missiles, etc. We’d see them a LOT sooner otherwise. Again, what makes Tinkerers special and relevant then, and what does the next expansion make them that important? Death Knights and Demon Hunters certainly were straightforward. This rumored expansion doesn’t favor them unfortunately.

No, no, no, you’re not understanding the timeline.

Pandas were a joke leading into WC3. People said they liked the idea, so Chen was created and included in WC3. That joke was mostly private and was reported later.

When WoW came out, they made the joke AGAIN, this time posting it as an April Fools joke, people thought it was great, started talking it up, and then eventually decided to include it in the game.

The first joke was a private one but made enough time in advance to include it in the game. The SECOND joke was the actual April Fools joke, but it was so well received they decided to do it anyway.

There is no “it could go both ways”. It only went one way, which I just explained (and has been explained online for quite some time now).

Because they are the most overdue as being a wc3 hero, being a range none caster user, being mail.

Since tinker was a class in WC3 before the profession in Wow, its actually the other way around. And except if you tell me that you can level from one to 60, do end game content and raid while only using engineering tool and none of you class spell, than enigeering profession isn’t a good reason to not add them.

There enough reason mentioned in this and the other tinker thread. I mean, many people mention from A to Z why and how they could be playable when all i saw for now for Necro and dragon is ‘‘we want them’’…

No. Necromancers ARE Death Knights.

Or more accurately, Death Knights ARE Necromancers.

Blizzard has specifically said Necromancer, Runemaster, and Death Knight (a more generic version) were all on the table for Wrath. When they were finalizing the idea for the expansion, they decided to take aspects from all three of those proposed classes, and combine them into one: Death Knight.

Necromancers are literally in the game now.

Tinker is a generic name for the class. Orcs and Draenei at the very least have mechanical abilities that would lend to them being included. I mean, Orcs made huge cannons in WoD, and a train station and Draenei made LITERAL SPACE SHIPS. I think we can give at least those two races a pass here.