New class for upcoming expansion?

Why not? I am very curious.

Why would we need a time/technology jump? We have “Tinkers” in WoW currently. Both the Goblin and Gnome faction leaders fight inside robotic suits.

1 Like

Idk I just would want somthing different thats all :slight_smile:
Like for instance every new class since the games inception has been melee.

A caster would be cool.

1 Like

Personally I don’t want another class, they have enough trouble balancing the classes we do have and the borrowed power systems prevent current classes from being complete outside borrowed power.

Realizing it would be counter to what I just said in some ways but if they’re going to keep trying new “systems” each xpac then I’d like to see them implement Hero classes. Freeze leveling at 60 but put in a Hero system so that a class becomes it’s Hero class with the power system carrying forward. I think that would be more interesting.

1 Like

We have almost as many casters as we have melee. We need a new physical ranged class that can compete with Hunters for ranged weapons. With Dark Rangers pretty much toast thanks to Sylvanas and Nathanos getting wiped out at the end of Shadowlands, Tinker is the best bet.

1 Like

First, I have more than one of every class.

Second neither of those are necromancers.

3 Likes

There won’t be a new class
There won’t be any class/spec make overs (as much as they are needed)
21 talents + 9 honor talents, 99.9% of them will remain the same despite across the board DOA’s and severely undertuned.
There will be so much borrowed power and secondary systems to grind this expansion will feel like it didn’t have any compared to it.

Everyone will be completely disappointed, surprisingly so since Blizzard hasn’t even hid their continued neglect of game, classes and talents since end of legion.

This will most likely be the final expansion for many folks, who prob will walk away for good after blizz releases a awful product that falls super short, but not b4 they get xpac sales from it.

2 Likes

I hope not, I don’t want a new class, especially one that just shows up out of nowhere.
4th specs - where it makes sense - would be better.

1 Like

I want a third faction that comprises both horde and alliance together or do away with factions altogether because it’s not useful having huge server imbalances and in-game discrimination based on factions

2 Likes

Bard bard! Bard is supported I hope we get Bards!

1 Like

Wouldn’t Death Knights be considered necromancers since they do necromancy?

I would love Necromancer as well but I am not sure how they would handle them without making them a clone of Warlocks. Warlocks play just like necromancers in other MMO/RPG games just with demonic powers/pet instead of undead.

Horde side - we want Mulocians
Racial skill = Swarm of Twerky … 37 murlocs come to fight at your side, randomly mixed between melee / ranged spears / shamans. autocasts when your character dies or when your character rezzes. their attack speed is increased by 10% for every enemy nearby

Nah, they’re death knights not necromancers.

There isn’t any real reason that they have to be, nor is there any reason that it would be bad if they were similar in design.

2 Likes

Uh, then what is a Necromancer? Based on definition, a Necromancer is simply someone who does Necromancy, which is what the DK does. DKs also possess the Necromancer’s abilities from WC3 along with necromantic abilities from various mobs in WoW.

Are we seriously demanding a Necromancer class because DKs raise undead minions while fighting in melee with a sword instead of raising undead minions from a distance with a staff?

2 Likes

Theres a huge difference between a Death Knight and a necromancer.

And after so many threads about it I’m less inclined to explain what’s obvious these days.

Who was demanding anything?

Look if you don’t want the class thats fine, you neither have to support that nor do I have to defend it.

2 Likes

Theres a huge difference between a Death Knight and a necromancer.

And after so many threads about it I’m less inclined to explain what’s obvious these days.

Again, a Necromancer is merely a character that does Necromancy. DKs (like ALL Necromancers) use necromancy, so where is this “huge” difference you’re talking about? Literally nothing in any lore states that Necromancers need to be frail spellcasters. The only requirement for a Necromancer is to raise, manipulate, and control the dead. That is all that a Necromancer has ever been, and that is exactly what DKs were designed to do.

If you want to play as a dark caster that manipulates evil creatures and juggles with life and souls, play a warlock. If you want to control the dead, roll a DK. There is zero reason to bring in a Necromancer when every corner has been covered.

2 Likes

Death knights aren’t necromancers.

They do use necromancy though.

To claim a death knight is just a necromancer is like claiming a holy paladin is just a holy priest.

Not sure what crawled up your butt my dude… Especially in a thread that isn’t about defending or explaining the classes people want to see.

2 Likes

I have to disagree away you, the issue when bringing up Necromancers is people like yourself just admitted they think of how Necromancers are “traditionally”. We’ve literally gone through a whole expansion and experience that Necromancers from Necrolords are far different then how we first thought.

The Primus is literally the creator and father of Necromancy, we’ve seen and fought their version of how Necromancers and Necromancy is, which is completely different from just “raising the dead”.

In terms of skills and visuals, far different from DKs and Warlocks literally the only similarity is they could be potentially another pet class, which then should also step on the toes of hunters I guess going how your view is.

Necromancers from Maldraxxus could also be changed to incorporate a healing spec that could be tied to a pet, which definitely we don’t have yet in WoW in would be completely unique in terms of gameplay. Dps could be a sort of Lich style focus were it’s cool-down is to become a Lich for x amount of time, they could also have use of a self battle rez, using a Phylactery (which could be used like mages ice block, you pop your Phylactery down, soak a mechanic solo, bam your back up), which really we only have Shamans we can do that.

Literally Necrolords have given us great information about how the true Necromancers are and how they are completely designed differently from the ones we see in Azeroth.

There’s really not many similarities that take away from DKs and Warlocks if we go off Necrolords.

3 Likes

Okay, but there’s a big difference between a Priest and Paladin. For example, there are Shadow Priests, while Paladins can’t use shadow magic, they are pure holy warriors. Can you come up with a similar difference between DKs and a Necromancer?

Also am I insulting you by asking a simple question? I merely want to know why you want a class that for all intents and purposes is already in the game.

Okay, except DKs also draw power from Maldraxxus, so for all intents and purposes this is already covered. There is no other version of Necromancy, it’s all the same, since the Lich King who created the Death Knights also drew power from Maldraxxus, so we’re just spinning in a circle here.

Proposing some weird spec that uses healing via a pet really doesn’t change the fundamental problem we’re discussing; What makes a DK not a necromancer? DKs already utilize Lich abilities, DKs can already raise allies (they used to be able to raise them as skeletons). So again, what makes DKs NOT necromancers?

As for Phylacteries, Warlocks already have that ability via Soulstone.

2 Likes