New Character boost - still can't buy a wow token

On the EU side, I boosted a new character, played my 40 hours to get out of noob status, I have an auto 6 month subscription already, but I don’t have the option to buy a wow token. I’m not trying to subscribe or get a mount, I’m just wondering why it’s not showing in my in game shop? Or by the battle.net log page.

Is your Battle.Net account address registered in the EU?

You won’t be able to purchase one if not.

5 Likes

Interesting. I have both US/EU accounts and haven’t had this issue before until recently. But if that is a change, then good to know. Thanks.

Sometime prior to October of 2022, yeah. I’m not having any luck drudging up an article on it atm.

1 Like

Being in the US - you won’t be able to buy tokens on an EU license. The reverse is also true.

5 Likes

as someone who plays in both regions as well, i was told from the peoples on the EU forums, that basically any NA/US based player who plays on EU cant buy boosts/tokens on EU simply because our government ID’s are registered to US locations, wed need to have an EU country id of some sort in order for blizz to allow us to buy tokens/ boosts in EU regions.

id wager same of asia/russia regions as well. as its something to do with the legalities side of things with region trade agreements in the IRL world that sets the precedence and blizz being a business corporation follows suit.

To clarify:
That applies to buying tokens with $/€, not with gold, right?

I.e.
A US player:
Can buy US tokens with $ or Gold [to convert to US game time or b.net balance]
Cannot buy EU tokens with $, but can buy them with gold [to convert to EU game time only]

An EU player:
Cannot buy US tokens with €, but can buy them with gold [to convert to US game time only]
Can buy EU tokens with € or gold [to convert to EU game time or b.net balance]

Yes, You are correct.

1 Like