New BIG changes for hunter

• HUNTER

• New Talent: Deathblow – Kill Command/Aimed Shot has a 10% chance to grant Deathblow. Deathblow: The cooldown of Kill Shot is reset. Your next Kill Shot can be used on any target, regardless of their current health.
      • Developer’s note: Each Hunter specialization has a way to generate Deathblow, but only Marksmanship referred to it as Deathblow. These changes are meant to unify the Deathblow design while still allowing each specialization to interface with it in a unique way.
    • Steady Shot now generates 10 Focus baseline for all specs.
    • Updated animation for Volley and Rapid Fire.
    • Improved Kill Shot has been removed.
    • Dark Ranger
      • Black Arrow has been redesigned – Kill Shot is now replaced with Black Arrow. Black Arrow: You attempt to finish off a wounded target, dealing high Shadow damage and low Shadow damage over time for 10 seconds. Only usable on enemies with less than 20% health.
      • Withering Fire has been redesigned – Every 4 casts of Bestial Wrath/While Trueshot is active, you surrender to darkness for 12 seconds. When you gain Deathblow, Black Arrow automatically fires at your target and two additional Black Arrows at 50% effectiveness.
      • Shadow Surge has been redesigned – Periodic damage from Black Arrow has a small chance to erupt in a burst of darkness, dealing moderate Shadow damage to all enemies near the target. Damage reduced beyond 8 targets.
      • Shadow Hounds updated for Beast Mastery only – When summoning a Dire Beast, you have a 25% chance to also summon a Shadow Hound.
      • New Talent: Bleak Arrows – Your auto shot now deals Shadow damage. Your auto shot has a 15%/8% chance to grant Deathblow.
      • New Talent: Phantom Pain – When Kill Command/Aimed Shot damages a target affected by Black Arrow, 5% of the damage dealt is replicated to each other unit affected by Black Arrow.
      • New Talent: Banshee’s Mark – Murder of Crows now deals Shadow damage and casting Black Arrow has a 25% chance to summon a Murder of Crows on your target.
      • New Talent: The Bell Tolls – Black Arrow is now usable on enemies with greater than 80% or less than 20% health.
      • New Talent: Shadow Dagger – While in combat, casting Disengage releases a fan of daggers at nearby enemies, dealing very low Shadow damage and slowing affected targets by 30%.
      • New Talent: Bleak Powder – Casting Black Arrow while Beast Cleave/Trick Shots is active causes Black Arrow to explode upon hitting a target, dealing moderate damage to nearby enemies.
      • New Talent: Soul Drinker – When an enemy affected by Black Arrow dies, you have a 10% chance to gain Deathblow. Choice node with Shadow Hounds.
      • Visual effects updated for Shadow Surge, Bleak Powder, Withering Fire, and Black Arrow.
      • Dark Chain updated to only function while in combat and can no longer affect critters.
      • Withering Fire now warns you when you’re not talented into Trueshot or Bestial Wrath.
      • The following talents have been removed:
        • Overshadow
        • Death Shade
        • Dark Empowerment
        • Grave Reaper
        • Darkness Calls
        • Shadow Erasure
        • Shadow Lash
  • Sentinel

• Lunar Storm’s visual effects have been updated.
  • Beast Mastery

• New Talent: Snakeskin Quiver – Your auto shot has a 15% chance to also fire a Cobra Shot.
    • New Talent: Serpentine Rhythm – Casting Cobra Shot increases its damage by 15%, stacking up to 6 times. Upon reaching 6 stacks, the bonus is removed, and you gain 8% increased pet damage for 10 seconds.
    • New Talent: Barbed Scales – Casting Cobra Shot reduces the cooldown of Barbed Shot by 2 seconds.
    • Cobra Senses has been redesigned – Now reduces the Focus cost of Cobra Shot by 5 and increases its damage by 35%.
    • Hunter’s Prey has been redesigned – Kill Shot will strike 1 additional target and deal 10% increased damage for each of your active pets. Stacks up to 5 times.
    • Barbed Shot damage increased by 100%.
    • Barbed Shot cooldown increased to 18 seconds (was 12 seconds) and duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    • Barbed Shot’s pet frenzy duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    • Thrill of the Hunt duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    • Pack Tactics energy regeneration increased to 125% (was 100%). Pack Tactics now replaces Steady Shot.
    • Animal Companion no longer reduces the damage of all your pets by 35%.
    • The following pet ability damage has been reduced by 35%:
      • Stomp
      • Kill Command
      • Bloodshed
      • Claw
      • Bite
      • Smack
    • The following talents have been removed:
      • Kindred Spirits
      • Improved Kill Command
  • Marksmanship

• New Talent: Pin Cushion – Casting Steady Shot reduces the cooldown of Aimed Shot by 2 seconds. Choice node with Improved Steady Shot.
    • New Talent: Improved Deathblow – Aimed Shot now has a 15% chance and Rapid Fire now has a 25% chance to grant Deathblow. Kill Shot’s critical strike damage is increased by 25%.
    • Improved Steady Shot has been updated – Now makes Steady Shot grant an additional 10 Focus.
    • Precise Shots has been updated: Renamed to Precise Shot – Now empowers your next cast of Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, or Multi-Shot to deal 100% increased damage (was 2 casts at 70% bonus).
    • Steady Focus has been updated updated – Casting Steady Shot increases your Haste by 8% for 15 seconds (was casting Steady Shot twice in a row).
    • Steady Focus no longer plays its visual effects when it is refreshed.
    • Trueshot now reduces the focus cost of Aimed Shot baseline.
    • Rapid Fire Barrage Rapid Fire effectiveness increased to 40% (was 30%).
    • The position of Unerring Vision and Calling the Shots has swapped.
    • Eagletalon’s True Focus has been removed.
  • Survival

• Ruthless Marauder has been redesigned – Damage from Fury of the Eagle has a 20% chance to generate a stack of Tip of the Spear. When Fury of the Eagle ends, your Haste is increased by 8% for 10 seconds. Now a 1-point talent.
    • Merciless Blows has been redesigned – Butchery causes affected targets to bleed for heavy damage over 12 seconds.
    • Sic ‘Em has been updated – Kill Command’s chance to grant Deathblow is increased to 15% and Deathblow now makes Kill Shot strike up to 2 additional targets. Your chance to gain Deathblow is doubled during Coordinated Assault.
    • Exposed Flank has been updated – Now empowers your next Kill Command to deal 50% increased damage, strike 3 targets, and generate a Tip of the Spear stack for each target it hit.
    • Fury of the Eagle damage increased by 25%.
    • Fury of the Eagle channel time reduced to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
    • Kill Command resets no longer reduce the cooldown of Fury of the Eagle.
    • Butchery damage increased by 50%.
    • Butchery no longer has charges and its cooldown has been increased to 15 seconds.
    • Tip of the Spear’s consumption grace period has been reduced to 0.3 seconds (was 0.7 seconds).
    • Relentless Primal Ferocity now grants 2 additional stacks of Tip of the Spear (was 1).
    • The position of Ranger and Terms of Engagement has been swapped.
    • Pack Leader
      • Howl of the Pack now also increases Wildfire Bomb damage by 20%.
      • Wild Attacks now also increases the damage of Raptor Strike/Mongoose Bite by 20%.

h
ttps://www.wowhead.com/blue-tracker/topic/eu/20th-anniversary-update-ptr-development-notes-534486

Everyone saying changes werent coming.

10 Likes

Roughly 4 pages and nearly 1200 words when I copied/pasted it in a word doc.

Thats how big it is :smiley:

2 Likes

WOW I am shocked! And pleased to see such massive changes.

Not sure what I think of them yet. Diving into ptr to investigate.

Good luck to us all!

2 Likes

Yep.

How do you feel about the mage changes?

Be intresting to see how it goes.

3 Likes

I prefer Sunfury and Frostfire over Spellslinger so the Spellslinger changes don’t affect me.

The Fire changes are mostly bug fixes and Arcane feels like it’s alot of smoothing things out a bit.

1 Like

Been debating on which toon I want to have as a main alt between Mage/Lock/DK

It’s so hard! For me my mage is a no brainer for main as I have nearly every rep at exalted with it. My lock and DK I will be playing alot and gearing passively with WuE Vetran/Champion gear from M+ and Raids.

They’re finally removing the animal companion aura debuff. What a day. Also nice to see kindred spirits get removed too.

1 Like

Lol!

Can anyone actually copy over a level 80 char to start testing?

It keeps failing to copy.

I was planning on maining lock till we had 6 on roster so I offered to go hunter.

But l love playing all 4 lol

1 Like

Yup all 4 are in my Warband favorite slots. Do what I do, play them all.

Is it me or they still doesn’t fix BM poor aoe?

3 Likes
  • Barbed Shot cooldown increased to 18 seconds (was 12 seconds) and duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).

• The following pet ability damage has been reduced by 35%:

• Stomp
    • Kill Command
    • Bloodshed
    • Claw
    • Bite
    • Smack

:interrobang:

2 Likes

The MM changes look fantastic as do the dark ranger changes. I am worried about the survival changes though. The move away to a less frequent, more heavy hitting butchery sounds like it could really slow down the AOE rotation. The current bomb focused rotation is a ton of a fun and it really would feel awful to have it axed so early on in the expansion before it could even played in relevant content.

4 Likes

They are buffing animal companion

Is to offset it.

4 Likes

This ^

Remember to always read a bit further.

2 Likes

Survival just got nerfed into the ground. Looks like they’re nerfing our bomb spam massively, as well as Butchery.

Does nothing to address BM’s core issues.

A tone of changes means nothing if it doesn’t fix anything.

3 Likes

Did you read the changes?

Thats all AOE damage

Core issues are always related to pure damage