New allied race?

Vrykul are boring and aren’t as cool as Kul Tirans, it’s in the name afterall.

I’d say Ankoan for Alliance and Gilgoblins for Horde.

4 Likes

For me, it’s the storyline potential of former Blood Elves having been cursed to become vampires, along with being freed from the control of Arthas while being in a world that seems against them. They had a place offered to them in the Horde, and to see them join, reconnect with their kin, and seeing their own plight with their vampire curse while helping to fend off the Alliance, who see them as monsters, sounds like great potential for in-game quests, stories, and character creation.

Plus, having a vampiric race would be pretty neat and likely popular, and the San’layn are the best choice for that, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Eh, fair enough.

At least it’s not a throwaway rep race!

No hozen? They’re the other side of the MoP allied races.

(Kind of looking forward to playing through the Alliance questline in MoP. The Jinyu look much more dignified.)

The Alliance really need Dalaran, Stromgarde and Alterac humans.

2 Likes

Tauren - High mountain
Blood Elf - Nightborne
Orc - Mag’har orc
Troll - Zalandari
Goblin - [GILGOBLIN]
Forsaken - [Dead Nightborne]
Vulpera is an outlier

Night Elf - Void elf
Draenei - Lightforged
Human - Kul tirans
Gnomes - Mechagnom
Dwarf - Dark Iron
Wargen - [Feline version]
[Sethrack] for an outlier.

I still wanna see this. I’ve asked for Naga since Cata.

2 Likes

Alliance:

• Night Fae (please blizz)
  • Druids of the Scythe (NE Worgen)
  • Saberon
  • Furbolgs
2 Likes

For Alliance, I would like a Playable Dryad/Keeper of the Grove. Neutral, I want a Playable Naga, and for Horde, I want San’layn!

3 Likes

I think we were supposed to get Gilgoblins and Ankoans but BFA bombed so they aborted 7.3.5.

2 Likes

Dalaran and Strom I’d imagine going Alliance but Alterac would be awesome going Horde.

Half of those races don’t even deserve their own race spot, and should’ve just been customization options

We could condense the races down and have like 6 open spots for unique ones

This please

2 Likes

Not to mention if Kael’thas gets a true redemption and is allowed back to Azeroth under the agreement to still serve the Venthyr; he could seek out the San’layn/Darkfallen as they were his most loyal followers. I don’t think Kael would be welcomed back into a leadership role in Silvermoon but if the San’layn need a steward and leader he could provide that, as well as a representative to the horde.

Imagine a necropolis floating over the Ghostlands used by the San’layn to guard the borders of the Blood Elven kingdom. The “dark knights” of Silvermoon.

3 Likes

They could just retake Deatholme… Or wait… It’s that what it’s called? The scourge fort in the Ghostlands.

1 Like

Yeah it’s Deatholme. But the San’layn have/had control of Naxxanar, I think thats what it was called in Borean Tundra.

2 Likes

Saberon for horde!

Oh I just want Broken Draenei as a race. Ethereal as well would be very cool. Ogres have been WAY over due. As long as they are done right they can be popular.

1 Like

I’m against adding any more Allied Races until there’s a level of parity in terms of quality of character customization in the ones we currently have. Particularly for the Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei, and Highmountain Tauren.

The Nightborne were released an unfinished rush job that barely resemble the Nightborne, while the LF Draenei and HM Tauren have just the bare minimum of changes from their core races.

There is many things on these forums that are suggested and are popular, but not a good idea, but there is also many things that aren’t suggested and would be popular. There is also many things that wouldn’t popular but are a good idea. Prior to coming to these forums, I had no idea that high elves and San’layn even existed in the game. Let alone that they had a popular following.

5 Likes

If it weren’t for the forums I’d never have seriously tried Mechagnomes or Nightborne nor would I want Kelfin AR so much either.

2 Likes