New AH house mount in the Bliz Store for $90 USD

Anyway, there is a bruto line in dorn, and a rate my bruto contest at 7, and then finally a bruto dance off at midnight.

only those with a brutosaur are allowed admission

1 Like

exactly.
predatory is that jerkclown who bought skids of bottled water a few years back and ran down to sell it for 20 times the price during a hurricane when people were dying for clean water.

2 Likes

there’s a looot of early gen z (1997-2000) here too

Nah, I think I’ll keep insulting you all I want, lmao.
Dumb paypiggie.

I saw that episode and Satan is right: Stan has no willpower, he has that dopamine kick that makes people whatever-a-holics, so he can’t play.

This is obviously written from experience and I sympathise, since the Stan and Kyle characters are supposed to be the creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone (I can never remember which is supposed to be which). So this is not really comedy for us to laugh at, this is someone whose life has been, if not ruined (because he has plenty of money) at least severely disrupted by addiction.

But you know what? Microtransactions are still the best model for a game.

Subscription model is, by contrast, full of perverse incentives to make the game suck, so drain more sub money from the player. All the timegating, all the cutting content, all the intentional droughts are because we pay per time, so their incentive is to give us as little as possible during that time.

Microtransactions, despite messing people up, actually do have rails. If too many people get messed up, or if the power difference is such that the majority can’t hope to reach it except by dropping thousands, no one will play, meaning no one will pay. And it won’t take long for the dregs of whales versus whales to realise that half of them are dropping thousands to be below average, and not do that.

With microtransactions, the incentives are better.

Subscription Incentives:

1. Stretch and cut content
  2. Fire devs, release a buggy game (the sub costs the same regardless)
  3. Timegate everything
  4. Don’t develop things people want like Saberon because that costs money they don’t have to spend

Microtransaction Incentives:

1. Make people enjoy playing - people frustrated don’t break out their wallets, but people addled by dopamine do
  2. Make the gameworld huge, lots of different stuff to do, more opportunities to sell more things
  3. Design good stuff for the freebies, better stuff for the whales (because you want to draw as many freebies as possible to turn them INTO whales)
  4. Design cool stuff people want like Saberon, and the fewer people who will pay, the better, make it cost enough to recoup, and for the people who buy, the rarer it will be.
1 Like

I wasn’t going to buy it, but this thread helped change my mind. All of the tears have lubricated the leather sleeve in my wallet enough to remove it so I can find my 3-digit code.

Dude, they are great. But $90, even if you can afford it or 10 of them, is just wrong. You are not so wrong for buying something you like as much as Blizz charging $90 for it.

1 Like

Maybe you should go level and work on those achievement points instead of being rude.

2 Likes

no…you’ll just get actioned and get another thread shut down over behaving like a juvenile

I think $50-60 would have been pretty reasonable, though still a bit steep.

2 Likes

Wow have yet to raise rates on SUBS and expansion. Just look at the dragon age new game. 70 dollars. This expansion at the base level was still 50. I will be happy to have things like this in game to make the base game stay affordable.

1 Like

cause people who are chronically on the forums dont understand that its a pond and not the ocean

1 Like

but also, you don’t have to pay real money if you have generated gold in game to buy tokens …at least they offer that much

Plus, I mean really…this is such a vanity item and now its not even that exclusive that you will benefit greatly from it far more now than without them doing this.

For how much should a business offer to sell a digital product?

Why are you mad about a “store mount” that nobody forces you to buy. What if Karen from accounting worked hard all month and has a couple hundreds of extra money by the end of it and she decides to buy the mount because she can afford it,? You’re against that?

got it almost 5 years struggling to get it from bmah , today my watch ends

1 Like

Todd Howard doomed us all with that horse armor

1 Like

I think it’s really funny that people have this totally unreasoned rage are calling others dumb.

WoW isn’t structured so that Pay to Win actually hurts the majority. Neither is Pokemon Go because even if whales are min-maxing their PvP IVs by buying 50 kajillion raid passes, guess what? I don’t have to engage with PvP at all. It’s the games that have nothing but constant PvP where people would reasonably be hurt by others having advantages.

Despite its community, WoW is fundamentally cooperative, meaning when other people have more, unless you account for the top content being balanced deliberately so X% can’t complete it, when other people have more, that actually helps you.

1 Like

Thank you, for well constructed insight and discourse. I am with you. I just feel $90 is a bit over the top. And people going ham over it only empowers them to keep pushing and they will, up until people do stop. But, we all know is they cold have made this mount $300, even a $1000, and there would be people sitting on the out in the high traffic areas, all day. because you know, they “need” that feeling, and Blizz knows it. And I still believe “preys” upon it.

But they like to convince themselves, I am the bad guys for trying to make things better for not just myself, but everyone. The US has worked hard to program people to sacrifice everything for appearances and creature comforts and push out anyone who calls out the people profiting from.

Like so many other agendas. Keep the people divided.

People aren’t even bothered by IRL predatory tendencies and you think people are going to care over a video game?