New AH house mount in the Bliz Store for $90 USD

it was 5 million gold. At current token prices (which are somehow sold out on the AH???) of 217,501 its a little over 1.3 million. And mounts like this don’t retain value as you cannot resell them so its not really devalued.

You’re absolutely right and as a customer I have to ask, where is the end?

A year from now- “$200 to unlock every allied race is a steal!”

$150 for glad mounts is a bargain!

$400 for a player house? C’mon guys! That’s nothing!

3 Likes

Oh man, I would love to skim through this…

I think the precedent had been clearly set with the Mammoth and Yak and they abandoned it for money. Not the price, but the removal after the expansion.

Mount should be a consolation prize for anyone that purchased SL haha.

3 Likes

Yes!!

Right now I have a gigantic cupcake and some donuts as a topper.

2 Likes

I see your point, and to a degree I can see the merit in that for the M+ers and hardcore crafters, but when you’re in the main city, is mobility a big, big issue? I guess for some, I suppose.

1 Like

I’m in 2 places in this game.
In town where there’s an AH.
Or in a M+ run where I don’t need an AH.

So no, this mount is useless to me.
But even if it was $5 I wouldn’t buy it.

1 Like

The end is what the market can sustain. If they want to monetize, and there’s a market for it, it’ll happen.

I guess I’m just in the minority here. I am 100% OK with Blizzard generating more revenue. The hope from the consumer’s standpoint is that money is funneled back into development. If that doesn’t happen and the game stagnates, the market will respond and eventually cease to make those purchases.

2 Likes

Yeah. Current token prices put this mount at around 1.2-1.8 million gold. OG bruto was 5 million gold.

To answer the OP: I have the OG mount, so I don’t have the desire to spend bnet balance on the new one.

1 Like

Yep. They’ll take it as far as it’ll go.

ESO has pretty much been doing that with housing.
you can use your free crowns every month, save them up to buy houses…which is what I do…or you can buy crowns from the shop.

1 Like

Yeah and they’re up 10K as well, can’t wait to see what a token will cost tomorrow.

Damn, I wasn’t going to get it but now I kinda want it just because it looks so cool

WoW Dev team taking cue from the Diablo 4 team store prices glad they are working as a team with the rest of the company!

Would actually be good incentive if they give a percentage of those sales to you know the actuals employees that design and made the mount.

It’s unfortunate. Businesses are out to make money, but I’m so tired of every product that I once loved being designed for the shareholder and not the customer.

lets hope close to 500k

Remember, employees are an expense, not an asset!

It’s designed for both? If there weren’t customers playing, there’d be no shareholders to speak of.

You are continuing to play because they are continuing to offer you a product you’re willing to pay for. Thus, it is being designed for you.

Maybe that was the “goal” all along.