New affix's

April Fools!

Oh, Lord. Those can’t possibly be real affixes. Tell me it isn’t so.

1 Like

Im gonna need a source for that.

Why do people keep saying this?

Affixes are not RNG, they’re curated. If Blizzard doesn’t want Spiteful and Entangle to overlap… they won’t.

Anywho, after seeing the wowhead article with the datamined effects, I’m actually on board. Getting rid of Grievous and Quaking was a big plus, and while I don’t think we needed to ditch Volcanic per-say, Volcanic was also way too easy and noticeably easier than any other week in a way that I don’t think was good for the game. All three of these new affixes you can counter with gameplay effectively.

1 Like

Coz they want you to stop playing warrior and play a druid. We have an answer for every of the new affix

They are clearing showing they don’t listen to feedback and have 0 clue what players like/enjoy.

these are not worse lmfao

Incorporeal and Afflicted will undoubtedly be labeled healer affixes and DPS players will rage if they have to help.

I’d rather have grievous.

2 Likes

Exactly! New grievous wasn’t even that bad

I want all the affixes that get pushed off as a “healer job” like explosives to be removed

1 Like

idk a lot of these just seem like interrupt / stun / dispel

seems better than quaking + grevious

idk about entangling but in general these don’t seem at all worse than what we had before. plus there’s no seasonal affix.

don’t see how these randomly become “healer affixes” but a lot of these specifically say they can be stunned / interrupted

I didn’t miss that part. But if they aren’t healed with aoe spells and you have to manually find them in the sea of mobs and single target heal them, that’s worse than just dispelling them.

Yes they post them on the general forums not in the ptr notes mix with other changes

imo there’s literally 1 healer affix and it’s afflicted, and it doesn’t even seem horrible just from reading it. especially if it’s literally just dispel.

or NS + Regrowth + swiftmend it and it’s gone

if it gets targeted by aoe heals i mean it’s literally a non issue

all of this is better than quaking + grevious

1 Like

What about the Super Affix weeks coming in 10.1? In those weeks every affix is active in every M+ dungeon.

Because Blizzard horribly botched the dungeon tuning and made 2 a massive joke?

From the notes it looks like they’re trying to make explosive a DPS affix. “Substantially” more health sounds like something the healer can’t deal with. We’ll see.

Quaking made you stop what you’re doing, while Afflicted and Incorporeal make you do more of what you’re doing. And Grievous was just kind of a blunt club of an affix.

I think after the shock wears off people will see what they’re trying to do. It may not work, but it is them listening to feedback, in a way.

1 Like

Those people don’t want this either

Yeah, I mean it seems like a better way to deal with explosives.

We had explosives with more health in BFA, but they still had the wild amount spawned.

Now we just have less of them but more hp. So it’ll probably just end up being a melee smacking them. Or any ranged class that has an instant cast proc. It really depends how much hp these things have.

If they’re just a bit more hp, you can just moonfire it or flame shock and let the dot kill it and it’s just the same thing as we have right now

im on board with these affixes. none of them seem like they kill you, unlike quaking and grevious.

plus bonus points for not being turbo annoying for ranged players.

So the effects for failing the affix mechanics are in and yeah, all of them are pretty much 100% pull killers. There’s going to be zero incentive to do M+ if this goes live with how annoying every single week will be.

Wow head just said “substantially more” so who knows how much that actually is. Trying to get dps to smack them now is like trying to do dental work on a hippo. I doubt DPS players are gonna all of sudden say, “maybe I should help out with that.”