New Affixes are season ruining

Do you even think about what you say? “these affixes do nothing” but you have to stun them and heal them and walk away from them. LMFAO

Never said quaking was good but it’s definitely better than these.

yea that’s all solved with good play.

quaking was terrible.

i’m just not gonna doomer over some affix that you have to dispel, or walk away from LOL

compared to an affix that caused problems all season

u can doomer if u want i just think these aren’t going to be a big deal at all but we will see. they just don’t seem deadly enough to at all be worse than the other ones.

to call these “season ruining” is hilarious to me.

Stop casting for .5 seconds. If you think that’s bad wait until you have to snap entangling as a warlock or avoid mechanics while you have it. Affix is just bad, nothing to do with good play.

i’m not worried about that, we have ways to deal with it in our kit. as do most classes.

im not even talking about the interrupt although it was overboard with bosses also having interrupts.

At the end of the day these aren’t season ruining. They’re going to be figured out in a week how to handle them and then it’s business as usual.

entangled is the only one that i think might need changing but it depends how it interacts with the new dungeons. these just don’t scream “season ruining” to me.

Demonic Circle: Teleport seems like a great way to deal with Entangling on a very manageable cooldown.

1 Like

Feral here getting 70% or more on Explosives because I’m not taking the chance

Plus, combo point generator some times

2 Likes

wow your name is cool.

Honestly it depends on how it spawns. If it’s like say, quaking where the spawn rate is static? Easy clap.

If it’s like Explosive where it spawns based on how many mobs you’re in combat with? Good luck. I’m not super keen on an affix that a large chunk of specs literally can’t interact with unless it’s completely braindead to deal with.

The better toolkit is Burning Rush since it negates the slow completely.

SHRIEK QUAKING SWIRLIE SHRIEK TORNADO SHRIEK QUAKING actually get to cast a spell SHRIEK

Whoever designed that boss needs a boot to the head.

2 Likes

Dungeons are no longer fun. This constant attempt to make them harder and harder is ruining dungeons

FR. You just throw a CC on the ghost and you toss a coin dispel to your afflicted. Entangling is more of an affix but there’s definitely counter-play there. Worst case scenario, you eat the stun and human racial / IBF / BoP or whatever.

They increased the health of explosives for . . . reasons.

1 Like

They also decreased their spawn rate.

1 Like

I know, right. Imagine actually having to use your utility spells in M+. What a nightmare!

2 Likes

You won’t have to worry about using CC or Dispels when there’s no one left to play with.

Would be boring af. The point of the affixes are to make the dungeons feel different from week to week, which they do. I don’t see the issue with the new affixes.

2 Likes

If you refuse to use your abilities I never wanted to and probably never did play with you in the first place, so no loss.

Entangling has the potential to be icky. It’s like 80% less potentially icky than Quaking in terms of bad overlaps but that remaining 20% is concerning. It’s way more manageable for Blizzard to proactively address the issues but its still a maintenance affix that requires Blizzard to intervene at the start of each season to address bad overlaps.

1 Like

“I’m gonna quit because I have to do more than mash my face into my keyboard!”

lol…

Don’t half (or more) of the classes in the game have a way to remove roots, and several others can remove them from others (BoF for example)? If the roots are dispelable then it’s even easier.

1 Like

Keep that energy as the player base continues to plummet.

Have you read what the ability actually is?

You get a tether for 8 seconds and if you don’t snap the tether you get stunned for 3 seconds. It’s not a root. Having the tether appear when you need to stack and getting stunned for 3 seconds during mechanics can suck. This mechanic can suck for you on Hyrja for instance. If you have to huddle in the bubble and can’t snap the tether you’re likely to get stunned.

2 Likes