Never used to care about raider IO

you know i can see the highest key you have done each dungeon right?

ok 10s are not hard

1 Like

i mean you main does have more letters in the name :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

She is just sooooooo hard to find, right?! :rofl:

2 Likes

That sounds about how it should be. Based on my, and various friends experiences, not everyone operates that way, and that’s where my issue comes in. I’ve personally been invited to groups (not saying this happens all the time, but it’s happened enough to remember it) where I shortly got kicked because they assumed I was at some IO, which I wasn’t. Often for a dungeon that I’ve timed, +1, +2’d for that dungeon, at the key or higher. I’ve been asked for my IO score and then my application declined, again for a dungeon that I had the experience for.

It can go both ways. I’ve been told I was invited because they looked at my profile and asked if I would want to come as a dps instead of heals, for example. I’ve also had people ask me the highest key I’d timed for that dungeon. To me, the problem lies with people who hold the number as the end all be all.

P.S. I don’t use the addon, because I personally don’t like the system itself, so I appreciate you explaining the inner workings of the addon itself. Based on many of the people I’ve run into that do use it, most just espouse the number and leave it at that. How readily does it show the robust dungeon information? Is it by default shown, or do you need to take extra steps?

Here you go sir:

No problem!! I’m happy to help people understand the workings of the RIO system.

Basically, the RIO addon pulls directly from the website. If the run is logged on the website, it will show on the addon . . . so long as the group leader/person selecting players has updated their RIO addon that day. I update my addon every day, but I run keys almost every day, too.

I’m sorry you’ve encountered idiot group leaders, too. That sucks, and it’s one of the things that fosters a lot of animosity towards RIO.

Does that circumvent the leaderboard API limitation? Also, is it the fault of lazy leaders who just want to look at the score alone, or does the addon require adjusting settings/extra steps for one to see data beyond a players IO score? I’m wondering if this is a cause of the behavior that many have experienced.

This response is 1000x better than the 9000 git gud post that people keep posting or how people claim experience when all they have ever done is mythic+ and did nothing prior to its release.

That being said, I still do not agree with Raider IO. Your explanation does come at it from both ways which people like wryn cant seem to do. It also focuses on how it does not equate to skill just because you have a high score…which again people like Wryn think is the case, he thinks hes a great player because hes timed a 15 before.

Appreciate the response and your post.

1 Like

Nah, the addon works right out of the box. All I had to do was install, then update daily to see players’ total scores and highest runs for each map. Ezpz.

I like you. Thanks for being a decent human being. <3

So it’s just leaders who can’t be bothered to do more than see the number :joy:. Sounds about right. It’s the unfortunate side effect of a system like this. It’s why I try to do a different dungeon each week, in an effort to cover myself from such people

That sounds awfully a lot like gear score. :thonking:

1 Like

To keep noobs out of the dungeons.
I already did a 6+ with a crap tank who refuses to interrupt.

Oh I get it… after the fact :wink: The group was mostly just stressful, they kept accidentally pulling packs into boss fights, going a direction I wasn’t, pulling 2-3 extra packs with a bad stray cast, didn’t understand the invis skip (2 fails), then layout out massive up front dps to the point i had to taunt the baddies on CD to just peel a few back… it was honestly a miracle we timed the FH8 with the horrid play.

Honestly, building your IO dungeon by dungeon is the best way to do it! There’s no hurry, we’re gonna be in 8.3 a looong time. :joy:

It’s just an unfortunate way to do it, since, in my experience, if I don’t hit every dungeon asap, people start to view me as not good enough because enough other people will have already done KSM by like week 2 or something, when I might have 3-4 dungeons “scored”. But I’m not going to spam run m+ in the first two weeks, so shrug

Just looked at their main IO and the have had lots of 15s and 16s cleared last season with even a couple of 17s sprinkled in look up Wryndolyn

The add on will display your last season score until you surpass it. So hitting 1k in season one will make seasons 2-4 easier to start near the top of your curve again rather than do 2s to 6s on every dungeon every season.

You think if they remove IO everybody will magically know about your incredible achievements?
It won’t change anything, you’ll just be another random mage in a list of 50+ dps trying to get in on that run, and instead of losing your spot to someone who put in the effort to get a high score, you’ll lose your spot to some random clown spec’ed incorrectly and rank 2 cloak cuz he failed 5 runs, doesn’t have counterspell in his bar and never ran half the dungeons beyond normal while lvling.

Actually rofl scratch that, I just saw your character profile, no way in hell you get in any group at 415 ilvl when everyone applying for the same groups are 445+.

Stop complaining about io when your main problem is far from being your io score.