Never Stop Complaining

The recent announcement of account-wide essences is a perfect example of why the continued feedback is both good and necessary. There are dozens if not hundreds of posts asking for account-wide essences where users came in and said “This is basically spam. You’re never going to get this, just stop asking for it.” But… if after the first post about account-wide essences the forums and community at large just gave up, we probably wouldn’t be getting it now.

So if you have something about this game we’re all here for that you’re passionate about - be it the removal of pathfinder or the removal of flying, pvp vendors or high elves or blue eyes, keep giving feedback. I’m not advocating to spam a new thread every few hours or something, but keep contributing to the mega-threads and make a thread if you have a new idea about it.

Good work WoW community.

Edit

17 Likes

I’d thank the lackluster numbers that they have received. Not necessarily the feed back… they do also have a tendency to do this then everyone pats them on the back for some brownie points. It’s quite endearing.

4 Likes

So, we never tell them what’s wrong but just start unsubbing. What do they fix then? Seems like the feedback is still 100% mandatory to accomplish anything.

10 Likes

You are drawing the wrong conclusion out of what I wrote.

I said simply… the feed back helps, but a secondary push to actually, say… not do the content… drives the point across.

6 Likes

I mean everyone knew stubborn crying was always the answer to changes in this game.

2 Likes

My mistake.

This could easily be turned into a Journey song.

4 Likes

/e looks at Pathfinder :neutral_face:
/e looks at post :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
um, yeaaaaaaah :confused:

1 Like

They always make this stuff easy for alts in the final patch, your crying was nothing but annoying noise and forum pollution.

By all means continue to make this place insufferable.

Grrr.

5 Likes

It’s a step in the right direction. It’s not like they’re making them accessible to all your alts, you still need to grind a currency and not sure what the cost is. This is more like meeting the players halfway.

3 Likes

i mean they did this with legion too. it was hard for alts to farm for weapon (tho less complained, not sure why) then they made it easy at the very end of the expansion. why are we acting like this is revolutionary?

Blizz has trained them well… they get a pat on the back for doing something they’ve done before. :rofl:

1 Like

You do realize they were always going to have account wise essences at the end of the expansione right lol?

1 Like

Maybe some day they will listen when it comes to flying.

2 Likes

They’re not account wide though. You still have to do content to get them for those alts

This is just another carrot on a stick to keep people playing, I am happy its happened, but its by no means “account wide”

1 Like

If you really wanted to test your theory you’d get everyone to complain really hard about removing account wide essences and see if Blizzard reverts in a simple A-B-A experiment. To demonstrate even stronger experimental control, you’d then complain once again FOR account wide essences for the even stronger A-B-A-B experimental design.

People are so easily pleased lol

I’m still ok with this. At least it’s faster than the current method.

Yes, but I dont have to do specific types of content to kit out each and every alt. Which is what I asked for way back in 8.1.5 when they first announced this system.

I might grind out 30k honor on this guy, but I was never going to do that for every dps alt that needs it as it’s pretty much a “r3 or bust” essence.

Yeah, it really is amazing how little people ask from Blizz and how much Blizz drags their heels.