Never got a mount from a drop. Ever

Meh, mech-head is overrated, but I gotta say when Poundfist pops out with this Tauren onto of him when I hit my random fav button, I just gotta smile, when I look down on all you lil races. I still silently thank the pug group I saw in finder that waited for a few of us to tag him in WoD

they could make the pity timer a big number.

I am hitting the dungeon for ginn su. I’d not kick a pity timer of 50 out of bed. I am almost there already. 100…sure.

I am starting to think the residents of Uldamar if they could would have lines like these:

wait…your late? traffic bad today on the drive home?

oh its 1750 and your ip is different. Let me guess…using the wifi at the after school activity you take your kid too?

ah, leading off with the demon hunter today I see. So the normal hunter after this or shall you bring the s.priest. You know you have been losing out on tons of cloth BOP drops. Bring her bro…you know you want the mogs….

I did Kara70, ICC, Ulduar, DS, TotFW, and Onys Lair on 13 alts for a year to get all the mounts from all those raids. I guess I have a bit of luck but more obsessive determination lol. I’m sitting here now doing the second half of my Big Love Rocket farm because I’m not doing all 42 runs in one go. Don’t worry, once you’ve farmed long enough you’ll develop a callous and it won’t bother you as much to not get it lol.

I know! Haha. It was crazy! I tried for other rare mounts like Kael’thas and Nalak and some others to no avail on him. I spent his luck that day haha.

1 Like

I have insanely good luck when it comes to mounts. There are still quite a few that elude me, but I’ve had many drop in 5 runs or less. I get a lot of hate for it

So much of this game seems like it’s designed to make you vehemently hate its content. I don’t mind 1% drop chances on stuff that I can farm on a whim – that’s no problem. I’m used to spending days/weeks in older MMOs grinding out mobs for items that I wanted badly enough. Rare stuff should require work put in to get it. But slapping chances like that on top of weekly timers? Forget the mounts, half of the time I can’t even get the freakin’ transmogs I want before I’m agonizingly sick of running the content that it drops from.

Every week, after another round of, “Woohoo, thirty gold, ancient jewelry, and some outdated currency!” I can’t help but wonder why the hell I’m spending money on this.

2 Likes

okay then…what?

i won a piece of chocolate when i bet myself that i could prove to myself in 2 clicks that this was yet another thread based on fabricated claims.

(i didn’t see Maizou had already outed the op as being less than truthful)

so yep, i’m fine!
mmm… fruit and nut :heart_eyes:

Raven Lord mount has a 1.59% chance of dropping. You can run it every day. If you don’t have it by now, you probably haven’t run that dungeon as much as you think you have.

Look upon my mounts ye mighty and despair!

I’ve been very lucky and farmed very very hard. I wish there was a tracker for how many times you’ve killed each boss! Blizzard please!

I got the sea turtle mount through the shipyard a few years ago. Think that was the rarest one I’ve gotten.

My husband really wanted the headless horseman mount. Tried for years and years. I finally got it and snuck it on his bar. When he mounted up that night I got the biggest hug ever.

I’ve gotten lucky a few times I guess… keep trying!

Yeah, I’m over Dragon Soul, just need the Blazing Drake now (it’s the only one I need for the drakes achieve too), I’ve had Ultraxion’s mount drop 3 times for me.

On a brighter note, I got Ashes and the Attumen mount from old Kara on the same day, that was a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait. I thought you all had phones now?

I’ve actually gotten lucky a couple of times. In fact, I got lucky yesterday and got the Astral Cloud Serpent. Complete accident. I had been in there to farm some gold for my lady’s valentine’s day gift that I goofed due to being on some new medications and very loopy (I felt horrible). Then Blizz gives me that, and I felt even worse!

I’ve gotten a couple of those though. Astral Cloud Serpent, Phoenix from TK, the demon from Antorus, the dragon off normal mode DS, and uh…couple other things.

I’ve gotten super lucky with some rare drop mounts, but I’ve been farming Ashes since MoP (old account banned in WoD. Got caught buying gold for BMAH xmogs, bad move on my end). Still don’t have that stupid bird. :bird:

RNG is RNG. You just have crap luck man. You just have to keep at it. Trust me…after hundreds of LK and ulduar kills without mounts, can tell you you do get lucky and it counts. Got both ToT mounts same week on first two toons ive run before. So luck can be fickle but its awesome when it drops. I hate the idea of time invested = reward. That isn’t how RNG works, and while it sucks when its not in your favor, its great when it finally is. Otherwise it minimizes the appeal of the mounts if no matter what you do, you will get it by x amount of runs

1 Like
1 Like

You have 36 mounts. You’re not trying.

I’m up to 68 tries this week for the Love Rocket. Yes I have that many (22) 110+s running it daily… I think I might have a sickness…

The only mounts I have really gotten have been ones you get for achievements that are guaranteed. I killed the houndmaster and Pucilla as much as I could and seriously last week I finally got the Biletooth gnasher to drop. I literally have a rotation that I go through, doing raids and what not just for mounts and I got nothing after how many years now. It’s RngJesus, He blesses some all the time and craps on others all the time.