NetEase giving money, Blizzard give free exclusives transmog/reward's, INCLUDING Blizzcon mount 4 china players

They get their own special version of wrath classic

As of today, Classic WoW service has been restored, starting with a special “expedited” version of Wrath of the Lich King Classic, which features special gear vendors and will progress through its phases faster than in other regions previously, before moving onto Cataclysm Classic. Access to the game will be free from June 27th to July 10th, with the in-game shop disabled until July 11th.

For $40 they can buy instant OP gear, max rep, bags, boosted 80

At that time, a special Wrath Classic bundle will go on sale for 298 RMB (around $40 USD), unlock all ranks of flying, all flying paths, maxing all Northrend reputations, a full set of item level 213 gear, 22 slot bags, gold, and more. By all indication, this is intended to be an extremely fast version of Wrath Classic, with Ulduar within just a couple weeks.

They get an exclusive trading post, along with free mounts and extra tender

missed the majority of Dragonflight, NetEase is offering several bonuses to returning players, including 14 days of free game time, a “greatly increased” leveling experience from 60-70 through Dragonflight, two free mounts, the Aura Aura pet, 500 extra Trader’s Tender Trader’s Tender each month for 12 months, and a new Trading Post NPC featuring 20 missed cosmetics from previous months! The new Trading Post NPC is exclusive to Chinese servers, located in The War Within capital city of Dornogal, where a new branch of the Trading Post has been opened.

They get a special exclusive Blizzcon bear freebie mount

One of the free mounts will be Ash’adar, Harbinger of Dawn Ash’adar, Harbinger of Dawn, while the other will be a special version of the Big Blizzard Bear Big Blizzard Bear previously awarded at BlizzCon 2008, with this one featuring a unique flag

They get to skip MoP Remix, for skipping all the rewards on remix are given away free

Although server access is being restored shortly before the Mists of Pandaria Remix End Date of August 19th, the activity will not be available on Chinese servers. However, players have been promised “other ways” to get the rewards specifically for free, which is somewhat ambiguous as to whether they’ll just be added to the Trading Post.

And to top it all off they are offering a jackpot prize for competing in the race to world first

Additionally, NetEase has announced a special reward of ¥1,000,000 (roughly $137,500 USD) to any Chinese group that wins the upcoming Race to World First in The War Within. The prize is only available to Chinese groups, and should none claim first place, it will be continually increase by ¥200,000 (roughly $27,000 USD) each tier, rolling over into the following Race to World First until it is claimed.

Although this is coming from NetEase rather than Blizzard directly, it stands out as the first ever “official” prize offered to Race to World First competitors, a very tantalizing way to incentivize hardcore Chinese raiders to return to the competition… or perhaps convincing Echo and Liquid to switch regions for a tier!

We get scraps :frowning:

9 Likes

Well they were without WoW for a while. So good for them.

33 Likes

Honestly that is fantastic news for them if so. I felt so badly for players there when they took wow away.

9 Likes

That’s a bit too much exclusives honestly

7 Likes

no, no it isn’t

9 Likes

We get WoW without the politics suddenly snatching away access.

19 Likes

As a fellow Asian player, I’m so glad finally Asian players get some advantage over other players <3

Thanks for sharing the news, OP. But you may not find as many people agreeing with your reaction here as you may have thought.

I’m happy for them. :+1:

4 Likes

I don’t have to worry about my social credit score dropping from playing too much or at the wrong times lol.

6 Likes

… most of this just sounds like making up for lost time. They get extra tender for awhile and an NPC to buy past Trading Post items because they literally did not have access to the game to buy those items and accumulate that tender. For a year and a half.

They get hyperspeed WotLK Classic because they missed out on it… because they didn’t have access, but Blizzard still wants to move them on to Cata in a timely manner so everyone is on the same page.

They get alternate means to get the Remix items because they will have missed all but the final week or so of the event by the time they get their access reinstated.

Other than these things, it’s basically just a couple mounts/pets, which seem fine as a sort of apology?

3 Likes

I felt so bad for those players losing access to the game for so long. It kinda broke my heart seeing some of the reactions. I say they deserve any and all compensation they can get.

No need to be upset about it. Chinese servers are totally separate from us, so there’s never going to be any overlap or competition.

3 Likes

If you look at their webpage recap (which is in Mandarin/Cantonese) there is something about pizza hut and WoW collab

I really wish I can read Cantonese cause I want to know what frick it means.

Idk this looks like a very good move for me. Might disagree on some stuff if it was done here but I’m sure it will work well and that race for world first prize seems like an interesting idea to propup the chinese raiding scene after they couldn’t play for a year.

Nah they were without the Trading post and other content for a long time. It’s fine.

1 Like

while this is good the thing i dont trust netease with the world first award

1 Like

I love RWF and hope this brings a LOT more excitement into it.

Yep, nothing more exciting than sitting around for hours on end while some guy builds weakauras for a boss lol.

There is SO MUCH STUFF if you watch their video announcement.

I have absolutely no idea what they are saying but they get some really cool stuff in WoW.

It’s on the WoW heads link about their webpage recap

no they did not its the same stuff we have

2 Likes

Yay for them.

In D2, certain locations get a special vendor. I dont mind.

1 Like