Net-O-Matic desperately needs reworking

It’s a fun thing to have around though not sure why folks want it longer range, instant cast.

I mean in most cases, almost all cases, if you get netted you are going to get attacked by multiple folks so you should have some sort of option/method to counter before that happens.

im going to let you in on a secret for people who cant slow or root people midair, which is how I catch a LOT of people with netomatic:

1. become a tailor if you live for wpvp

2. when you see someone, you can dismount midair with your camera angled downwards so you get a ton of momentum as you fly down to the ground, and thats when you…

3. use Tidespray Linen Net which slows them so hard that they can barely even get 5 yards away (while flying)

4. proceed to land on the ground from your momentum dismount, and net them.

the amount of people I have caught this way is too many to count - usually people arent aware they can be slowed midair by certain things (and rooted, but locks conflag dont root people midair, rip)

as a paladin you can apply hand of justic to someone to slow them, though, so not needed for pallies imo (unless you want more range, which the tidespray net provides)

EDIT: here is a poorly done gif (didnt maximize my downward momentum) but it gets the point across: https://puu.sh/GbAF8/cca22ba265.mp4

2 Likes

No, you wouldn’t, because people would quickly figure out that flying in war mode was a bad idea. It needs to be instant cast exactly to take flying out of war mode - or at least to give the maneuver advantage to the people on the ground over the people flying.

1 Like

OK so you don’t like flying in warmode, that’s an opinion :slight_smile:

You want to give even more advantage to 5 players over 1 flying who will then have no out at all? Sounds like you lose a lot of 1v1s :slight_smile:

I want to give less advantage to 5 players who use flying as a way to gank safely.

2 Likes

That’s a fair point though in my experiences having an instant net would benefit the groups more than the individuals. It would make it pointless to even contemplate doing zone stuff alone which can be quite fun to survive and as others have mentioned “counter the net gunners” or whatever.

I think for what you are looking for best just to get rid of flying in those zones which wouldn’t bother me at all if it wouldn’t impact the gameplay of going places to do things. (IE quests, etc.)

It would be the same way it was before we completed pathfinder 2.

It definitely helps the zerg groups but also motivates more counter groups being formed as a response as you can’t fly out of trouble .

1 Like

Anyone that has an issue with Net-O-Matic should probably go ahead and turn off war-mode and just enjoy PvP in the safety of your battleground where most of the “fun” items are banned or their effectiveness is reduced to nothing.

Net-O-Matic is working as intended. It was placed in the game to counter the WPvP Flyers and absolutely nothing about it needs to be changed.

3 Likes

Why are you in WM without a stack of goblin gliders?

6 Likes

Sounds like someone needs to turn war mode off…

2 Likes

Did you just say warriors have no DEFENSE against being netted? :joy: :joy: :joy: OR are you just saying you don’t know your class and/or don’t keep a supply of gliders?

I agree with the first statement of being useless because it puts you in combat. Super frustrating.

If only I had the ability to jump to the ground in a heroic manner when netted, sigh…

There is nothing wrong with the net o matic

1 Like

Besides it not working when druids touch the ground in flight form.

1 Like

I can’t agree with this. I love using it. I even enjoy getting hit with one as it provides a nice burst of adrenaline.

1 Like

Also the toy All-Seer’s Eye from Legion does a mind vision on anyone you can target and has a button that will auto dismount them without cast or range requirement. 30m cd tho

I think net-o-Matic should be instant cast and the range increased.

World PvP is crap with flying.

Every expansion starts off with great world PvP and as soon as flying is available, it goes downhill.

2 Likes

I agree, also can we get it starting at 10 in SL please. For flying and non flying mounts.

I love it.
One of the best combat items in-game!

BTW, goblin gliders are nice to have. Give you a higher chance to escape if you’re netted.

Net-O-MATIC

is V V V GOOD.

Why? because COWARDS like you that RUN when you SEE us is why WE need it.

Thank YOU for ur HK, it was V V V V Fun killing you

1 Like

Not to take any side here, but what do I have as a shaman? And no, reincarnation isnt that.