Nervous to play battlegrounds now

Ive been farming for honor on my DK for the past few days and im always active so im not concerned about being banned for going afk in the battleground.

Im reading that legitimate players are getting caught in ban waves as well by accident and may be upwards of 31 days.

Now im nervous to even play the game. Who in gods name decided to make the ban system automated? Its awful.

I need another 15k honor but i just dont even know if its worth risking a bot ban with wrath launch so close.

And with ticket times 6 days or more…
Yikes.

So i pay 15 dollars a month for 4 hour queues and the threat of some mysterious automated ban suspending my account for several weeks. Nice. Blizz really is a top tier gaming developer.

19 Likes
4 Likes

what he said is a gigantic slap in the face of anyone legit that got banned. They still get a first offense… WOW

1 Like

I would avoid all BGs. There is a video now showing how its all automated. You can get banned for anything with no way to dispute it.

8 Likes

I aint going no where near pvp when i hit 70, if i miss launch im going to flip shiz

2 Likes

It says the guilty ones will be hit with a first offense…

Plenty of people have had them completely removed.

Did you even read it?

1 Like

So basically they lied that somebody looks at every report and just relies on computer data to do the job.
and posted this where they only have a select few who can reply back to it.

11 Likes

If you’re nervous because you AFK often, then I’m glad you’re not queueing BGs. Good riddance to the AFKers.

3 Likes

Yep. I’ve gone back to just leveling my DK and raidlogging. Way to ruin a prepatch, between the queues and these bans.

Is it really, “AFK” to defend towers so they actually cap?

2 Likes

It’s AFK if you do nothing else. I did the tower capping thing on my DK from 61 to 70 and there wasn’t a single game where I did 0 damage.

1 Like

People are nervous because they got banned in error and faced a 30 day ban or potentially 7 day wait time for blizzard to review.

Who is to say this won’t happen again? What happens if they are not so fast to unban innocent people next time?

The adverse mentality towards doing battlegrounds is 100% justified.

10 Likes

Nervous because they report people for doing things they dont like. Which then triggered a false ban due to a incorrect data analytics…which doesnt seem to have a gm review beforehand.

4 Likes

If no Horde (or Alliance) try to back cap, what else can you do? Leave the tower undefended in hopes of finding a stray Horde?

You can do some damage to NPCs, but most of my games I don’t see Horde at all.

1 Like

just like FB…Got a ban last week from a pic I posted 2 years ago(it was reversed) but these scumbags have the AI out there just wildin

1 Like

Random npcs wont save you either. Ppl will report you for hitting wolves harpies goats. They rather you ride south and sit there waiting on pull.

I’m avoiding pvp right now. Just not worth the risk to me.

1 Like

Its not automated, that’s just something the tin-foil hat brigade came up with.

Its very simple. Don’t afk, you won’t get banned. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, there is a simple solution. Don’t AFK BGs and do the meta objectives. Also add RDF

1 Like

Just to be completely honest, my first time through this event in retail, most of the people playing AV were afk and everyone seemed to be fine.

It was pretty normal for people to work on quests and stuff too without being reported afk.

I guess people were just a little more chill back then…

3 Likes

If you want to do quest then there are plenty in the open world that you can do. Don’t drag down other players gameplay, because you feel entitled to complete those quests. If Blizzard added RDF which EVERYONE wants this wouldn’t be a problem.