Nerubian Boots

wow. no im someone who is based in realism. as in REALISTICALLY they already have all the assets and whatever else major additions is gonna be in new expansion ALREADY COMPLETED SINCE ITS COMING OUT IN JULY OF 2024. THEY ARENT GOING TO INTRODUCE A BRAND NEW RACE THAT THEY DIDNT show off during blizzcon IN THE ELEVENTH HOUR. That’s NOT HOW DEVELOPMENT CYCLES WORK. and no i didnt read 95% of your post because i know for a fact its just a emotional post without taking into account any reality whatsoever. and yep lightly skimming its just dismissing my post and refusing to acknowledge the cold hard truth that most of the expansion groundwork is already done. and in case you weren’t paying ATTENTION. some dwarf race is the new race of the new expansion.

6 Likes

Oh yeah? You work in game development or you just guessing? I not only love how you think caps makes your claim more believable, but I also love the fact that you have not directly answered my questions like. Once. You only reply with extremely off base stuff because you’re upset that someone is planning footwear for spider people in a game you play.

Also, the fact that you admit you don’t read my posts is probably the most telling piece of evidence that you have 0 clue about what you’re trying to convey. And for that matter, what even are you trying to convey? Because I’ve been legitimately trying to give you a chance here and explain yourself but so far, all I’ve read is about as ridiculous as your character’s hat is.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but these look like creature models, like legion nightborne or most of the pandaria races. Aka a race with clothing / armor built into the model and togglable for whatever they need em for.

In order to make em playable they’d have to make a whole new model just for them so they can wear player armor not unlike what they had to do for the nightborne actually (not to mention model any 3d model asset to fit them just has shoulders, helms, belts, and all those new hits we get on armor)

1 Like

:dracthyr_hehe_animated: By all means, I LOVE bad news! Lay it on me, baby.

I’ll be honest, I read ‘boots’ as a different word.

1 Like

That’s a whole 'nother Dracthyr-shaped can of worms.

2 Likes

Yeah me too. What boons will Nerubians be giving us?

1 Like

The power to sustain yourself on flies for a whole month while you sit in a dark room plotting indiscriminate justice upon all those who had it coming, obviously.

2 Likes

And thus my new alter-ego Lord of the Flies was born

1 Like

I don’t know what the hell you’ve heard or conditioned yourself to hear, but they have absolutely not been going out of their way to soft-confirm this race as an inevitability. We know barely anything about them other than that most of them have allied with Xal’atath with a few dissenters, unless I’ve been living under a rock and there are one or more interviews where they dropped hints about the nerubians’ fate after 11.0.

Vulpera were datamined pretty early as using a modified goblin rig, so it was reasonable to assume they’d be a Horde allied race, and now they are.

Mechagnomes were clearly a new variant of gnomes who were datamined as having separate models from normal gnomes, so it was reasonable to assume they’d be an Alliance allied race, and now they are.

The nerubians’ models haven’t even been datamined yet because the WW alpha hasn’t started yet. I’ll reserve my judgment for when they are datamined and we see if they used a modified playable race rig or not.

1 Like

Spiders have mad complicated little feeties, complete with wire-like retractable “claws”. Kind of ruins base functionality to cover them up.

If you could walk across a thread, or casually wander up a surface at a 90 degree angle you wouldn’t wear shoes either.

Just cause our spongy ape feet are usless for basically every terrain, doesnt mean everyone elses’ are too.

2 Likes

It’s still conflicted but looking closer at the brown nerubian on the third picture even shows the chest, neck, and tail having large carapaces. :microscope::robot:

The void can be both a blessing and a curse.

1 Like

Is Nerubian foot-binding a thing?

I believe Blizzard have stated that there will be a subfaction that we work with, so there’s potential for a Nerubian allied race.

3 Likes

Wait what? o.o

Playable Nerubians in Midnight? LETS GO!

3 Likes

The first half of this thread is so aggressive lmao.

I’m all for new races, though.

1 Like

The could join the Troll’s Shoes for Toons club.

2 Likes

Oh are you also preparing mogs for ogres vyrkul, gnolls, tuskarr, furbolgs, Jinyu, mogu, saberon and sethrakk?

Fanfic fantasies.

2 Likes