Nerfs to OP classes except one

Arcane.

The one class RWF guilds are stacking.

Blizz, you ok?

Awww cmoooon give Arcane their 1-patch-per-xpac viability. Next patch Blizz will be cozied up to fire spec again and arcane will be back in the trash can.

22 Likes

I’m Druid main and I am happy to see Mages top Damage as they should. They have the least survivability, No pets to tank for them when farming like all the other Damage classes, They are supposed to be a glass cannon.

12 Likes

Looking at Warcraft Logs right now and they’re 8th place among DPS. I don’t think 8th place really justifies a nerf.

7 Likes

Except all mages are complaining about being glass cannons and want more survivabilty.

3 Likes

Aren’t they one of the tankiest specs with all their defensive spells like alter time and barriers and greater invis?

7 Likes

you mean once a 15 year viability

7 Likes

yes mages are – and have been for decades.

During WoD, they were pumping in HFC though.

I wonder how much arcane is going to fall off as other specs get more gear.

One thing about arcane is that their turbo-bis trinket is stuck at 372 for the rest of the season.

Lol…this really lends credence to your less then solid post. I’m surprised there is anyone left in WoW that hasn’t played every spec in the game. Questing on a mage is 10x the work it is on something like a hunter, a loc, or any of the tank/melee classes.

7 Likes

ok how long ago was wod?

About 7 years ago.

When a spec has had little sibling syndrome for 7 years, it’s time to let them have a moment in the sun

3 Likes

Arcane is fine.

What needs a nerfing is whatever kills my Arcane Mage.

4 Likes

Arcane is, indeed, fine. I had hoped that people (particularly Blizzard) would have learned by now that the game shouldn’t be designed/balanced around RWF players.

2 Likes

People need to stop assuming arcane does the same damage after an 8 minute fight that it does after 90 seconds when it never has to move.

3 Likes

Let Arcane have it’s time to shine the other specs can sit on the bench

1 Like

DH. How did you forget Demon Hunter?

1 Like

These Fire and ESPECIALLY Frost buffs are an indirect nerf to Arcane.

There will actually be situations where Frost is better than Arcane now (think pure ST, not factoring in how much Arcane likes Power Infusion right now), and there’s a possible place for Fire here and there after its buffs too.