Nerfs to OP classes except one

Try being an enhancement shaman, every other week it’s buff nerf buff nerf

3 Likes

You mis-spelled “Protection Warrior”.

3 Likes

Meh; Enhancement’s currently one of the uncontested best specs in the game as far as raiding goes, so a 3% nerf is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Hell, it’s one of the highest raw DPS as a standalone spec even before factoring in the sheer amount of value you get from your first Enhancement Shaman through Windfury Totem. Rogues, DHs, and the tanks we’re currently seeing pretty often (Prot Warrior in particular) gain absolutely massive value from Windfury and that damage is technically all brought by Enhancement.

So a utility tax because of raiding alone? I mean 3% isn’t too bad. Not like 25% back in prepatch lolol

Meanwhile, in PvE, that spec was down there with Frost/Fire and Affliction without having a top-tier alternative like Arcane or Demo to play.

Blizzard obviously needs to keep these buffs out of PvP though. But in PvE that spec needed Jesus and then some.

Kinda? I think the big difference between Enhancement and SPriest (the spec a lot of people argued had to pay the PI tax with its undertuned baseline damage) is that Enhancement was (and still is, despite a 3% nerf) actually strong without Windfury Totem. It still has tons of utility in M+ with a short-CD kick and multiple AoE stops (Sundering/Cap Totem/TStorm) and both PWave and Ascendance have some alarmingly good strengths in different situations in keys. I just don’t know if it’s quite as good as Outlaw, Sub, WW, or Havoc even after the nerfs to those other specs.

I guess time will tell, you aren’t wrong about M+ though it’s pretty solid

Just going to chuckle here. People compete for raiding spots and such, so they want other classes to get nerfed because of the competition for groups.

Carry on.

3 Likes

Let me guess u play Arcane ?

It was to my understanding that Mages in general were suffering this expansion. (at least as far as I can tell looking at their Class Forum)

Is Arcane really broken enough for people to call it out personally?

What about Rogues? Three specs at the top of the charts in raids. Two specs in Mythic + and two specs dominating PvP.

1 Like

Read it again. Their dot damage and Mind blast/spike was the only thing buffed.

Their self heals, shield, fear, PW:D burst, and their dominant pvp talent was nerfed.

1 Like

Mages invented solo farming…literally in vanilla

3 Likes

Thanks, I swear those weren’t there earlier.

:eyes:

1 Like

He doesn’t. Probably the class/spec he plays got nerfed and he’s redirecting his anger on a spec that hasn’t been the go-to spec in at least 3-4 expansions.

2 Likes

It didn’t hurt Druids too badly when Divine Bell, a very rare WQ trinket, was BiS. Their scaling seems like it might be better after this rework. Previously, haste was pretty much a dump stat because of how fast you’d go OOM.

They aren’t stacking those. In fact, they have one…

Who the hell cares about questing?

Evokers would like a word with you the “least” survivability part. Evokers get absolutely destroyed in pve and pvp, squishy af, almost to the point people think its bugged.

1 Like

Oh no. Mage has 1 actually decent spec for a few months. Woe is me.

Laughs in warlock being OP for multiple expansions.

Mage is by far the highest skill ceiling class in the game. Why you think 99% of casters you see out in the wild are warlocks and not mages? Hardly anyone plays mage anymore. There are more shaman players than mages these days it’s gotten that bad.

To bring mages into line with the other range casters you would actually need to:

• take all shields off the GCD.
  • increase HP by 30%.
  • Turn their water elemental that literally no one ever uses as into a tanking pet like the warlock blueberry.

Blizz could do all those things and mages would still not be OP.

2 Likes

Just fyi ret palies embody the glass cannon troupe atm.
Mean while fire mage insta cast kite packs of mobs procing pyros left and right.