Nerfing spears on nw for tyran week is trolling

almost every post you make is condescending and i’m sure half the forum would attest to it. Everything you do is better than everyone else because obviously they messed up the fight and you didn’t.

An aug provides a significant defensive benefit to the group and would cause required healing to be lower. The primary driving factor of bringing an aug… seemed pretty clear.

how would you expect my fight to miss hook 3 and have double aboms and finish in 1:43 while yours took 2:53… make it make sense please.

You are over generalizing how you feel about my posts instead of what’s being presented right here right now. Scroll up and actually read what I wrote solely addressed to you and tell me where I was being condescending. If you can’t then maybe you should take a step back.

This is false and I have been corrected or wrong multiple times. I also help others when they come here with genuine interest in improvement. When I am condescending is when I am matching people’s energy, like what you just tried to do, or when people are blatantly lying or purely complaining about things they don’t understand.

You are trying too hard to make this deeper than it is. My run messed up a hook and we had double aboms up for a brief period. Aug is also considerably lower dps which when is involved in multiplicative damage boosts does much less than bringing 3 pure DPS.

the immediate assumption that boss mechanics were done incorrectly and I have no knowledge of how the fight works immediately comes off as condesending… especially when you factor in that

you’re the one who’s group actually had the problem you were indicating but somehow the healing check was non existent when that was everyone’s primary complaint on the fight right up until they threw some massive nerfs on it.

That’s you taking personal offense to it because you have a preconceived notion that it’s coming from me specifically. There was nothing condescending in what you quoted. I used my run as a frame of reference, not as a line by line comparison like you tried to do. If my run had a small overlap of abominations with a healer doing ~550k HPS then it doesn’t objectively make sense that a group “knowing and doing all the mechanics correctly” needed over 1 million HPS. It just doesn’t fit.

My group having a hiccup and switching strategies was exactly my point from the start. If they continued to tunnel the boss we would have wiped, but they didn’t. What you quoted actually proves my point that even with mistakes it only needed ~550k.

I also didn’t say there was no healing check, that’s a strawman you just created.

HP of aboms is too high. Spears shouldn’t be a requirement to kill the boss.

It was obvious from the beginning that a low NW key you could multi phase it because the requirements were low enough a good healer could make it work with proper cd usage.

500-700k HPS for a 7 and lower is in the range. Yet, we’re not talking about a low NW key. I had a bricked 10 before the changes with 1.4 million HPS and couldn’t do it because the DPS couldn’t finish him off before the end of the second down phase. The disparity of damage is massive the higher you go so it puts on a clock on the fight. No argument regarding that. Even if the DPS was high enough to keep the abomination to 1 and rotate the fight safely it does not change the healer will oom.

I have never seen it drag longer than 3 pull down on a high NW even with perfect play.

The person I was speaking to was so I don’t understand how you can make up a claim saying it was never about a low key.

Yes, because you couldn’t kill the boss by the 2nd down phase while means the group was tunneling the boss and you had 2 full hp aboms up for the 3rd. The question is, what was the HPS required before abombs were stacked up.

That’s the thing. You were supposed to nuke him WHILE making sure by the second pull down the first Abomination died. A great group could afford it to be alive for about 5 seconds before they murdered the tank.

Still high. That’s why the clock existed and why this boss was such a pain in the butt. You needed a near perfect set up to kill him. I haven’t tested him with the latest nerf so can’t say how it goes without spear stacking at 8 or higher though.

I get that, but it’s also called brute forcing. The point the other guy was making was that at a certain key level you can’t just tunnel the boss anymore and harp on a 1 or 2 phase encounter. The strategies have to shift for a longer fight which means prioritizing the abomination after the initial burst phase.

On a technical standpoint, the boss has a 15% base level HP nerf pre-scaling. It should be as if it has a constant spear+more the entire fight ontop of a spear.

Maybe it’s possible now. 30 percent rot damage nerf is significant but health going unchanged on abomination is still weird.

The spear also had a dot so there is that as well.

1 Like

Yes, and as long as people don’t dump all the spears on the first phase it shouldn’t be a problem. You can probably still Lust+Spear first phase, and double spear the 2nd just for the AoE damage + 1 stack of debuff and be fine. If it’s a longer fight then just spear one per phase.

People in general don’t understand how big pre-scale nerfs are. Everything compounds as keys get higher.

I’m taking these numbers from Keystone Guru so I don’t know if these are pre or post nerf:

M+2 Stitchflesh has 94,523,626 HP
M+10 Stitchflesh has 202,796,143 HP

Based on the key scaling provided by Blizzard which is 10% per key increase:

Pre-nerf:
+2: 94,523,626
+3: 103,975,988
+4: 114,373,587
+5: 125,810,946
+6: 138,392,040
+7: 152,231,244
+8: 167,454,369
+9: 184,199,805
+10: 202,619,785 (slightly off from not using decimals)

If we subtract 15% from M2 then it looks like this:
+2: 80,345,082
+3: 88,379,590
+4: 97,217,549
+5: 106,939,304
+6: 117,633,234
+7: 129,396,557
+8: 142,336,212
+9: 156,569,833
+10: 172,226,817

Look at the difference in HP scaling from the 15%, now imagine the damage scaling from festering rot at 30%. Stitchflesh now has less HP in a +10 than it did in a +9 and close to what it was in +8. It’s 30,392,968 less HP pre+10 vs post+10.

Edit: Looks like the HP nerf was 20%, not 15%, so the numbers I worked up are even bigger in terms of impact.

1 Like