Nerf all pvp damage by 50%, will fix 90% of the issues right now

If we see a blanket 50% damage nerf on all classses, it will fix most issues. Get rid of burst meta and allow for more meaningful pvp. In STV, I doubt any player has even used more than 50% of their mana pool in real fair pvp combat.

9 Likes

You could always play Retail if you want a long, boring battle of attrition every fight.

21 Likes

While bursts can be explosive and quick at times, I’d rather us not migrate anywhere near anything that looks like Retail PvP where it takes 10 minutes to kill each other because everyone has CC, Heals, and counter-CC abilities.

If I fight someone and they kill me in 10 seconds, that’s fine. If I kill them in 10 seconds, that’s fine too. I don’t want to spend 10 minutes fighting someone for one HK.

6 Likes

Fights right now last between 1s and 6 seconds. What you talking about long boring battles? A rogue right now can kill a 2k health player in 2 globals.

2 Likes

First time? New to Vanilla?

Its always been World of One Shot, man.

Priests would be hard to kill if everyone did half as much damage

There are children getting bombed in the world, doesn’t mean its right. Don’t make a post being like “welcome to earth”. Getting one shot isn’t right either. It should be changed.

You’re bringing up an issue thats existed forever. Its why we ended up getting the pvp systems we did in later expansions. Theres really no one quick fix. They could balance with a separate rule set for pvp but that’s done on retail with varying success

Damage right now is higher across the board than it would be in post-naxx vanilla (relatively speaking)

A global damage nerf is needed, and if it makes healing too strong again then also nerf healing…

Right now, nothing matters but burst damage, dots don’t have time to do their thing, healers don’t have the capability to stop someone from getting insta gibbed, and melee are near entirely fodder for ranged.

PvP is broken atm, and I’m saying that as a ranged class that feels very strong in this meta.

5 Likes

So you think that everyone at level 40 should be one shotting everyone within 1-6s? Vanilla has never been like this in wpvp pre aq. Get a grip.

7 Likes

Vanilla has never been like this in wpvp pre aq. Get a grip.

Wrong. Level 47 rogues were 1-shotting fresh 60s with Ambush, using Widowmaker, before they normalized melee attacks.

Agreed. Nerf rogues, melee hunters and spriest. Then institute a flat 30% pvp DMG reduction. Game would be cooking

agree with this.

Don’t you think some sort of mitigation would be okay? Even a 10-20% mitigation would make a huge difference I think

You respawn when you die so it’s really no problem

cries in cat we already do 0 damage in pvp

You’ve not been “one shot” ever this meta. I know I haven’t. Getting wrecked by a group isn’t getting 1 shot.

I think mitigation is fine. But retail mitigation is just a lot of bloated counter play. It’s not fun at all.

Warrior is already the worst class atm in PVP, 50% DR would make them have to swing for probably 10 seconds (~3 swings) to get one mortal strike…

if you want more survivability stop wearing your stamless pve gear in pvp. Those are the only people getting one shot.