Neretzek, The Blood Drinker spell power scaling

Neretzek, The Blood Drinker is broken, its damage and lifesteal proc did not get bonus scaling from spell power value, while it should,
other wepons with similar procs, like Corrupted Ashbringer also could be affected by this bug

Here is an old vanilla video showing Neretzek proc damage and healing numbers both benefits from spell power

Disregard of poor video quality, we can see proc numerical values at 1:35 quite clearly
its +571 life drain cannot be missed with any other item

Player in video have 5/5 avanger set (156 spell power)
http s://classic.wowhead.com/item-set=505/avengers-battlegear
he also using Zandalarian Hero Charm, getting from additioanl 204 spell power from it (for his 1st spell)
http s://classic.wowhead.com/item=19950/zandalarian-hero-charm
His back is Sapphiron Drape (+14 spell power)
http s://classic.wowhead.com/item=17078/sapphiron-drape
His gloves is T2 Judgement (+15 spell power)
http s://classic.wowhead.com/item=16956/judgement-gauntlets

this items gives 156+204+14+15 = 389 spell power,
Neretzek proc itself varies from 141 to 163,
389+163 = 552
the missing part, wich we can not see in video is an enchants and rings (reachable with just a single +19… spell power ring, like Ring of Blackrock ), that is enough to reach proc value like in video
552 + 19 + = 571,
but personally i think that player in video have more +spell power items

http s://i.imgur.com/OuJ5VbV.jpg

We see that Neretzek did not scale with +healing, because
avengers and ZHC gives 564 spell power adding gloves and back … is 593 which is far beyond drain heal in video even before we add min 141 base value

Its is obvious that Neretzek benefits from spell power at least in some patches, and i did not find any blue posts or patch notes that it was stripped from that until TBC.
Until blue post comment, i will consider it as a bug.

Thank you for any response.

12 Likes

By cwcsti [on 2006/10/09] (Patch 1.12.1)

Subject: "Question on +spell dammage"I have this on my pally on Bonechewer and he is in 6/8 judgement. It is roughly +160 spell dammage and when this weapon procs it only procs at 150-170 life drain. Any insight as to how spell dammage works or why this may be doing this would be great help thx

Um he used Neretzek for 17 seconds in the video, one was a reck one shot and the other had zero proc’s on it. Yes, I skimmed the entire video for that. 1:23-1:40. He uses untamed blade for 95% of the video.

So first off the video does literally nothing to support you. Second, this weapon does not scale that way, nor will, ashbringer, nor will anything else.

You’re just pulling claims out of your back side for the slight chance Blizzard will let you abuse things like private servers did.

So stop filing false bug reports.

1 Like

yes, it is possible that it was nerfed at some point before 1.12.1, without a patch note,
but comments from old wowhead/allakhazam is a doubtful thing, many innacurate comments about different things there,
comments about this exact item is controversial , here we see many comments that it scales from old patches

i already give you exact time moment related to this issue(1:34- 1:35), other things in video is just a prove that video was not edited later

are you blind ?
you have time of proc moment in video…
and you have a screenshot if you dont know how to use “pause” button on youtube

i have no idea how it works on your private servers, may be instant kills everything in 100 yards… i dont care,
but i can watch the real video from old days from real vanilla, as you can too

2 Likes

It would be nice if Blizzard would at least confirm that Corrupted Ashbringer, which shares the same “chance on hit: Steal X life” as Hakkari Manslayer and Neretzek , will or will not scale with spell power.

Hakkari Manslayer 100% scales at a 1:1 on ClassicWoW
Neretzek is not scaling at all

Is Wraith Scythe scaling?

2 Likes

You mean the reck one shot where he does not get a drain life proc and actually proc’s four melee’s while at the same time procc’ing crusader and vengeance? Watched it at 0.25, there is no life drain.

Melee’s 840, 571, 524, 698.

Edit: I stand corrected the 698 is his judgement.

Target’s dying while charging Hammer of Wraith.

Congratulations you proved that reckoning only has four charges.

The yellow proc text in the opener is his spell power trinket.

1 Like

None of his hits are reckoning,
(i dont want to mention that reckoning is an ordinary white hit, not a magic one),

in this fight he obviously dont have a reckoning talent in his build at all,

Paladins in this patch already have their talent trees revamped,
In this fight Xolkar playing in so called “Control ret” build with Repentance (last tier ret-tree talent), and Consecration (3 tier holy-tree talent)
as we can see, he have both of it,
after picking them he still have 8 free talanet points ,so there is no way to pick reckoning (5 tier protection-tree talent) with 8 unspent points,
it is impossible to have Reckoning talent in this build

you can look at the state of his HEALTH bar in the upper left corner at 1:34 and comare it with its 1:35 state,
he got 2 heals very quickly
one from Crusader weapon enchant ( watch the Crusader buff to appear at the upper right corner),
and another one with Neretzek proc,

Just right to his character, we can see a text bar, with healing gained,
so we can see a green letters appeared there:
“+111 Holy Strength” at 1:34 - this is the Crusader secondary proc,
and
“+571 Drain Life” a moment later(1:35) -this is Neretzec proc

7 Likes

Here’s the thing:

Yes, it shows sp scaling. Clearly this existed in Vanilla at some point.

Did it exist in 1.12? 1.12 dropped in August. This video was made in August. Is this pre or post patch?

If Google is correct, 1.12 dropped on the 22nd of August. So, it’s post patch. What we need is evidence of scaling after that point.

Believe you me, I’d love nothing more than for this weapon to scale. But, I don’t think we’re going to get that even if there is evidence of it.

1 Like

Yes, Wraithsycthe and Shadowstrike and every other lifesteal weapon scales.

4 Likes

Yo Aggrend, could you check this one out on the reference client?

2 Likes

As does Hakkari Manslayer and Skullflame shield. It is odd that this doesnt work and clearly does in the video.
The only explanation is a hotfix at some point in Vanilla that we are unaware of.
Damn dude got a Shard of the Fallen Star crit too. I think thats the 840 damage.
Which I guess is confirmation that Shard of the Fallen Star didnt scale with SP in Vanilla, not that that was in question at all.

4 Likes

BLIZZARD. Stop screwing ret paladins and fix your stuff!. Please remain consistent with your siphon procs ffs!

6 Likes

Hey Blizz, Might as well add this to the upcoming patch for “clearly incorrect behavior” if you havent already.

6 Likes

lmao they won’t

Well not with that attitude they wont!

If only that mattered :confused:

I’ll say this, though. If this were fixed, it would meaningfully impact my enjoyment of the game. I’d be thrilled. It’s not going to happen.

3 Likes

Can we get a bump to keep this going, i have a spellpower paladin now for reckoning SoR with the Ancient Hakkari Manslayer, Neretzek and Corrupted ashbringer are my future dreams now but finding out they wont steal as much life as my crap 1 handed axe is super dissapointing and makes me want to start a petition to fix this. May we get a blue response please?

9 Likes

I used to have hope but then they left the Consecration thread up unanswered since November so either they don’t care because it doesn’t affect warriors or they are so understaffed that they only have the manpower to make sure warriors are taken care of.

I don’t think Blizzard is able to allocate the staff to deal with things like this, one can pray though I guess. The video obviously shows a proc, anyone who says otherwise has no idea what they’re talking about lol

3 Likes

Yeah I’d love it if this weapon had SP scaling but it doesn’t. Just tried it out hoping it would and despite having 285 SP the proc is unaffected.

1 Like

The question isn’t whether it, at one point, scaled. The question is whether it scaled in 1.12. is this a bug considering all other lifesteal weapons do scale, or not?

Are all the other lifestealing weapons bugs? I think we’re more likely to see them lose their coefficient than this weapon gain it back.

1 Like