Nelf Fans, don't pre-order

usually pre-ordering semething is not a great idea.

look to what they did in wc3, Lol.

2 Likes

Been unsubbed for months now. The forums are just as buggy and poorly designed as the game and it’s story. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Am i the only Night Elf who think the opposite? Where Tyrande going to Ardenweald will be her finding herself again and getting reassurance in her faith and Elune? Her whole theme, from what it sounds like to me, is lost and seeking answers, which i think is going to happen.

13 Likes

Most likely it will be nothing satisfying because Blizz doesn’t do that for Night Elves, they have never done it. If you want a satisfying story you have to be a Sylvanas loyalist or (to some extent) a Horde player.

Also, as a side note, there are already various complaint threads from horde players about Tyrande in Ardenweald so it might even be removed before it goes to beta

Also the chance of us saving all the night elf souls from the maw probably equals zero.

1 Like

You’re, in my opinion, illogically optimistic to think that Blizzard will give Nelf Fans something to enjoy like that. There’s precedent over the past 9 years of content to even remotely ellude to them caring about Night Elves as a living breathing race in this story for anything other than the victims of Horde ppwer fantasies and the damsel for Human players to save.

7 Likes

Too late. I already pre-ordered.

I get that misery loves company, and I am one of the most pessimistic people around. But if you really aren’t enjoying Warcaft’s content, then leave. These posts don’t help anyone. You might as well be taking role call and say “Everyone who’s not here please raise your hand.” Going around telling other people what to do, as if you don’t expect them to use their own minds and research things on their own and come up with their own decisions, is just insulting, doesn’t contribute to anything here, and is a waste of everyone’s time.

30 Likes

This. If you pre-order games, you are a fool.

9 Likes

It might be. BFA took a hard toll and confidence in the story is not at a high point. Particularly among Night Elf fans. There has been no payoff for sticking with the story for BFA so it kinda should be expected that excitement be on the low end for Shadowlands given the downer beginning for BFA is now a downer middle and ending as well, then Shadowlands promising more kicks…

Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy is a trope for a reason.

“I completely hate this game, but I’m going to keep posting here!”

Please don’t.

17 Likes

“Don’t give feedback in the official forums”

5 Likes

When did “spamming salty rants whenever someone mentions (or doesn’t mention) a specific topic, including in unrelated threads” become feedback?

23 Likes

I dig the optimism and I think that’s the way it will probably go. People just want to gripe instead. I believe Tyrande has a huge part to play here, I forget where I read it but Elune has been attacked and became preoccupied and that’s why she couldn’t defend teldrassil but blessed Tyrande to handle business. ( I think they mentioned that at blizzcon actually)

Tyrande will have a huge story to play here, so fret not Night Elves.

5 Likes

No, I think that is exactly what will happen. Her Night Warrior narrative is a beat for beat repeat of Liadrin’s formation of the Blood Knights. This includes the catastrophic event that shakes their faith. This includes them finding a method to “demand” power from their source, transitioning them from a priestly figure into a more divine-warrior type. This will also likely include her finding her way back to her faith, and forming a more “longevity” oriented Night Warrior group.

Why anyone thinks that Blizz would invest the art assets to create the Emerald Dream in the Shadowlands just to have Tyrande fly further off the handle is beyond me? She’ll find peace in some form or another, then get her shot at at least Nathanos; if also not “a” shot at Sylvie herself.

14 Likes

Tyrande can have a big role there, sure. But nobody said it will be something positive for the night elves.

Believing that anything positive will happen to the night elves or that we will free their souls from the maw with the current writing team is foolish at this point.

Just as foolish as

thinking that they will have their most hated race do something against their abolute favorites Nathanos and Sylvanas.

8.1 should’ve made it clear enough.

1 Like

Do you just run off of hyperbole? Also, no, if Blizz has us actually attacking Bwon then the Darkspear will retain their position as “Most Hated PC Race”. Blizz created an entire zone that reflects the Emerald Dream to let Tyrande wander through to find herself and her faith again. Its gorgeous tbh, very reflective of the Fey Wilds in most fantasy. De Otherside of the Troll Group that has had a complex relationship with Death since WC3 in contrast is a 5 Man dungeon; where we may or may not kill their equivalent of Elune.

18 Likes

Hyperbole? I’m as realistic as you can be at this point. Remember 8.1? And when they called it revenge ? What did we achieve in 8.1? Oh right absolutely NOTHING because sylvanas can just create more val’kyr. Great, so giving 1 of Sylvanas limited Val’kyr to the night elves is already too much for the current writers.

What even to expect? What will they give us when 1 of Sylvanas val’kyr that she can’t recreate would’ve already been to much as a compensation for the complete and utter annihilation of the entire night elven race.

1 Like
  • The Bilgewater had to wait 8 years for our “revenge”; with Gallywix finally gone.
  • The Worgen still have not claimed their vengeance, nor their city back, in that time.
  • The MU Orcs were not allowed to claim their vengeance against the force that corrupted them, turned them into raving monsters, and led to the destruction of their entire planet.
  • The Forsaken and BEs were but small footnotes in the battle against Arthas; with the prior actually having a larger role being a point of contention between the two Factions.
  • The Darkspear will never get their ancestral homes on the Darkspear Isles back; nor claim vengeance against the Naga or Kul Tirans for their loss and Sen’jin’s death.

So … barking up the wrong sympathy tree on this end. You only care that its the NEs that haven’t gotten their vengeance yet, because you only seem to care about the NEs. Which is why you also lump all Horde Races and Players into the same category of getting off on dead NEs.

36 Likes

Right?? And I’m beyond excited to see it happen! I also hope that when she embraces Elune again her model gets an upgrade to match her Hearthstone Art! That would be amazing!

7 Likes

So why do they say that they got their revenge then? It’s basically as saying “there won’t be anything more” because the night elves aren’t allowed to land a single, even a single small blow on the horde even if it’s just a Val’kyr. Not even that was allowed. Meanwhile the horde can casually wipe out most of the race, destroy their lands and not face a single consequence for it and not have to show any remorse or regret for the most heinous crimes in Warcraft history.

If they say that the night elves won’t get their revenge then fine, I would still be angry about it but I hate getting lied to like that.

Oh you’re on the path of being let down…

1 Like

They also told us that we’d finally get to fire that damned canon in Bilgewater Harbor after 8 years, but that aint likely to happen now. They lie … a lot. They also bend or break the lore … a lot. Which is why I am not convinced that they don’t intend to make Calia Menethil the leader of the Forsaken; just not next expansion.

5 Likes