Need/Greed system is outdated

People are avoding LFR is becasue if you have a higher ilvl then you can’t roll need. If someone who clear mythic raid wanted to to get LFR mogs they will never be able to since if a piece drop but they have higher ilvl they can’t roll need. Why waste time on doing something that is useless to them. Also they can’t even help their friends by armor stacking since they can’t roll need and give the item to their friends.

People doing LFR complain people with better items are rolling need and winning. So blizzard make sure that won’t happen. Well good luck then coz no more free carries in LFR.

You sure about that? Becasue blizzard made changes to LFR loot rule where if you have a higher ilvl item on the item you are rolling you can not roll need. It will be a greed roll.

How could devs have even imagined that trying to shoehorn group loot into LFR would fail again, just as it did before only harder and faster, with the current popularity of transmog?

That’s why they need to bring back master loot for guild members in guild raids, and give non-members pugging in personal loot. They need to make LFR personal loot with the personal loot option of “transmog” for higher geared players, who would earn a currency they can use to buy the appearances they want off a vendor.

They say a lot of things. The restrictions on rolling need and winning need rolls that were originally announced before Dragonflight was released weren’t implemented as players were told they would. Players were able to roll on gear they couldn’t equip because of the armor or weapon type. A player could roll need on multiples of the same item and win them all. It was pretty messed up.

The recent announcement that tier would be restricted to players who did not have tier covered only that.

It isn’t clear whether they have implemented all the previous restrictions that weren’t in place when raids opened.

the item drops and i roll need. i win the item. your item drops in a small window of loot and you press nothing to win these items. what difference makes it when youve needed for transmogrification anyhow

blizzards loot system is outdated it has been for years.

They should have never introduced it as mandatory ‘option’ to begin with. Personal loot was used for ages and many were fine with it so they should be allowed to continue to use their usual loot system. Really no harm would be done at all.

The UI could be used as an asset for Personal loot tho.
I often get items from HC dungeons(CTA farm) which I do not need, but its not really realistic to roll it and trade it and all in such content, but I can imagine a fresh 70 could make a good use of it for a while at least. So maybe if we get a loot and we dont want it, we could get an option to refuse it and the game would do the rest.

They should really due away with the current loot system and bring the badge system back. Every boss you kill in LFR,NORMAL, heroic, and mythic drop badge. Divide the system up so there are 2 types of badges.
Badge type 1: Drops in LFR and normal, and with these, you can buy normal raid ilvl.
Badge type 2: Drops in Heroic and mythic, and you can use these to buy mythic raid ilvl.

If you complete all the bosses in one tier you have enough badges to be a major piece of gear from a vendor (2handed weapons, chest, etc). So if you say raid both normal and LFR then in a week,d you can upgrade 2 pieces of major items.

Is simple and no one gets left behind. Not even sure why blizzard is so against player getting gear faster. It makes the game more enjoyable and not only that players can also easily and quickly gear up alts to try instead of spending all their time in gearing for one character.

2 Likes

You know why. It’s that moment of elation when you get a piece that you want. That isn’t reproducible with a vendor system where your exact upgrade path is a straight line.

Remember, gear isn’t the point of the game.

LOL if the gear isn’t the point of this game I am guessing is the story. Coz yea the story is also meh at best. Realistically the story is so so bad for many expansions even a 6 year old can come up with a better story then blizzard can.

Personal loot is garbage and a lot of people were complaining about it all through shadowlands :skull: i love how looting is now. Im glad blizzard isnt going to change it again.

Personal loot doesn’t stop this though. ML is the only system that lets you award loot to only the player you think deserves it.

1 Like

whats outdated about it?

Im sure just as many well geared people AFK through as avg geared.

Ok, lets clear up some stuff. People seem to be far too confused about the current looting system.

The current iteration of Group loot is amazing, identifying main specs and rolling them as a priority even if an offspec clicked need, then rolling offspecs before greed and finally greed. It also recognises items you already possess and takes them into account to stop you needing on something you have at the same or better ilvl.

Does this mean I support it? Yes and no. In organised content like guild raids, absolutely! Its fantastic to deal with loot distribution and if people do the wrong thing thats up to the guild to sort out.

In LFR… no, but not for the reason you would assume. Its actually good in some ways since there is a higher chance for certain items like the Raz bow, since X amount of loot drops whereas with personal loot if you were the only hunter the bow had 1 chance to drop, now it has however many chances as there are items drop no matter how many hunters there are.

Why I dont believe it should be used in LFR is luck. Personal loot had a mechanic that per kill that you did not receive loot you gained a higher chance to get an item until you received one, garunteeing some form of garunteed loot. Group loot does not have this, therefor theoretically you can do LFR the entire expansion and never receive a piece of gear. THIS is why LFR should have stayed personal loot.

You say this, but (in its current form) GL does more to ensure that items go to people who don’t have better than PL ever did.

it was outdated when it got removed all those years ago

only reason its back caz blizz wants to hold out gear hostage and make us play longer, making us pay more

Group loot is fine for serious content because it discourages abusing personal loot systems with team stacking, but at the bare minimum it makes no sense that LFR is group loot.

Link to anything from Blizz confirming this?

If people are legitimately trying to gear up, LFR is about the worst way to do it.

LFR drops gear that ranges from 376-385 item level. That is the equivalent of running a M+ dungeon in the range of 2-7 which are effectively no different than running the dungeon on m0 as they only have 1-2 affixes active.

Just in the time you take to sit in the queue (as a dps) you could run a key that drops comparable (or better gear than LFR) and likely finish the key. In the time you’d spend finishing the rest of the LFR wing, you could/would likely complete multiple keys. You would/could get a drop (or multiple if someone gets a drop they dont need) and it would also add more things to your vault which would, again, be equivalent or better than LFR loot

With the advent of the catalyst, you can now turn M+ gear into your tier stuff.

Additionally, you can get a lot of crafted gear that is 400+ item level (which is vastly superior to LFR loot) from simply running around and gathering mats and crafting it yourself, or paying a fairly nominal fee for someone else to do it if you can’t/dont want to.

LFR is there for people to experience the raid/story who do not have the time or desire to commit to scheduled guild raiding (or wanting to pug via the LFG tool).

Sit back and watch who the loot the loot goes too. Be the last person to roll on the pieces and inspect the people rolling. I watched five pieces in a heroic raid go to people that were wearing vastly superior pieces, two of which I had rolled on. I simply asked why one person had rolled on it, and they flipped out about it, and they got kicked from the raid. He was wearing a 411 cloak, and won the cloak of Sennarth. He was doing a mediocre 38k. The other had won the cloak off Eranog, but was wearing the same exact cloak.

Had another hunter in our normal group before the patch that rolled need on literally everything. Luckily he had lost most rolls, but when confronted about it, he said that he was a “collecter.” Which makes absolutely no sense, considering he was heroic raid geared. He was brazen enough to do this in a full guild group, then promptly got kicked after he won the whispering incarnate icon, when he was wearing the heroic version already.

Guys, you can make every argument you want against this, but you cant transmog half the stuff people are needing on. It’s insanely prevalent, and while you might be rolling need on things for transmog or other greedy purposes, you are still stealing loot from people who can actually use it. You’re forcing players to play more, and thereby feeding blizzard more money, or simply driving players away. I’m done explaining this to people who are about as morally bankrupt as those people I’m running into in these raids at all levels.

I’ll continue to ensure people get the loot they need by either passing, or trying to beat the rolls of people attempting to steal these pieces, so I can pass it to the players that can actually use it. Because I guess that’s the only solution to this problem, since I doubt I can change the integrity of the playerbase.