Need serious help now

Hello I am the owner of 2 accounts, this SuperMister (60 Priest) and Thokmul (60 Warrior), I got banned in Sept 28 with SuperMister due to what they say illegal transaction RMT a priest who just hit 60 and only traded 30 gold… i tried appealing on my innocence for about 2 weeks and finally they said it was final.
I don’t want to leave my friends hanging so I made another account… that is warrior Thokmul now Oct 28 while I was standing in Undercity a Blizzard Admin sent me a whisper to login my account Because I am again doing illegal transactions, I tried logging in, entered the code from my email but then I got Dc’ed in the game and when i tried logging in my account it was nowhere to be found, my friend says my character doesn’t even exist now… I am already ban 2 times on a violation I didn’t even do I am so frustrated now because clearly blizzards ban bot hits me again with it’s ban hammer of injustice… seriously can anyone help or share me what to do in this circumstances?

That wasn’t Blizzard. It was a phishing attempt and unfortunately you fell victim to it. Blizzard will never tell you to “verify” your account.

You gave some hackers your account info and access to it unfortunately :frowning:

What you need to do is report your second account as being hacked and go from there. You can use the link below:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/942/solution

Before you do, I would very highly recommend that you change your password to your e-mail as they likely have hacked that now too. On top of that, you’ll want to run a few scans on your system to make sure you didn’t pick up any malicious software while visiting the fake Blizz site.

I recommend a Malwarebytes scan. Their free version is great.

12 Likes

Just want to second what Perl said.

That was a phishing scam to steal that account from you, which it sounds like it was successful.

The steps Perl provided is the proper course of action.

9 Likes

Thank you very much Perl, that was fast… I was just so frustrated I blindly tried to prove my innocence on the GM’s, they already banned me on this account and the thought of them trying to ban me again on my warrior which i really enjoyed playing just pump hot blood on my head… thanks for helping guys

Here’s some materials on spotting phishing scams:

This one has some screenshots within:

6 Likes

Leviathan, Thank you very much for the info… I was just frustrated in the thought of they want to ban me again… I will surely pass this info to my friends as well.

3 Likes

One last piece of advice Super, add an Authenticator to your account for an added level of security. And if your e-mail provider offers the use of an authenticator, use it there too!

4 Likes

Thanks Perl, I already enabled the authenticator in this account, I already downloaded the malwarebytes and quarantined a “key something” and “Apa something”… is there a chance on recovering my other account or do I have to journey on 1-60 again? I just got my epic mount and 4 arcanite bar short for my lion heart helm.

If you mean your original account that got banned, it sounds like Blizzard has already given you a final decision on that one. Once they tell you that the matter is closed and no further appeals will be entertained, it’s a done deal.

Keep in mind that each appeal had a different set of eyes on the data that lead to the account action.

1 Like

The one that got banned was this one, i’m already over it but haven’t logged this in because I was having so much fun with my warrior, BTW my friends also caught someone which seems to be trading with my character, they got a screenshot too should I get this investigated as well?

All they need to do is right-click and report them for cheating. That will give Blizz all the info they need. Screenshots aren’t typically taken as evidence.

1 Like

Put in a ticket in Perl original post.

Blizzard needs to know your account was compromised and time is of the essence.

This will accomish two things. Most importantly, it will return this account to your control so you have your warrior back. Secondly, you are not responsible for what malicious parties do while the account was compromised.

You need to put that ticket in so there is a record so you indeed do not face consequences on this account as well.

4 Likes

Impersonating a Blizzard employee is one of the most egregious chat violations. It tends to get harsher punishments faster. I don’t think you report them as cheating. Cheating is more for botting or exploits. You can report them as spam. Blizzard is still going to look at their chat and these phishing chats are obvious. You can put “phishing” in the box when you report for spam.

2 Likes