I have submitted dozens of bug reports on this issue and posted in mog threads and GD and all but now my mog has once again glitched out. I had 5 DIFFERENT sets saved, spent all the gold on them and now…. I log in and my mog got removed and put back into an old one that I did not select. I am now in white mog that I have not used in many months. Every one of my saved mog sets that used to be different are not the exact same mog, I just went in game, saved a new mog set and it immediately switches back to the white mog instead of the red stuff that I had on.
I have been having this issue for over 6 months now. Bug reports are not working as I have submitted several dozen over half a year. It is 100% impossible for me to mog some of my toons. Saved sets auto delete or they switch back to something else random as soon as I log out and I am not able to put the new stuff back on because now on many toons I have the exact same appearance listed multiple times all with different names. Only someone from Blizzard can help with this. This is very frustrating. Been trying to get this to work for so long now and even just now I logged back into retail and it would NOT allow me to change the way I look. I just now saved a new set, it stuck on, logged out and it popped off and now shows as a duplicate of what I had before. 70+ bug reports for this so yea, Blizz needs to step in and help me with this. A GM can look at my retail account right now and see that all my mogs are now exact copies of the same exact thing.
Im not saying that they do. I am just saying that I want a GM to take a look at what i am talking about to verify that I am telling the truth. You people seem to think that I am making this up when I am not. I am telling the truth about this, I want it fixed and am trying to prove that this is an issue for me. It is now entirely 100% impossible for me to mog most of my toons in retail, some can, but most cannot.
They need to get back to the OLD mog system as that one actually worked. This one does not. I have no way to change my mog now in retail. It is 100% impossible to do so, the mog it shows I am in on my armoury is what I selected my mog to be, but I am in white mog that I never selected. Cannot see what I am mogged to simply by looking at my toon.
That’s not how it works, whatsoever. A GM won’t be able to do much as the ones who handle bugs are QA and they’re not able to be contacted diractly. The folks who take bug reports don’t reply to bug reports unless they need more info.
You’ve submitted a bug report. It’s up to the devs/QA. All you can do is wait. Having a GM look at things isn’t going to help even if they confirm an issue, it’s unlikely they can escalate it.
Make that suggestion via the in-game feedback. As there are no GM’s, Devs or community managers here.
A GM can log into my toon and look to see that I am telling the truth. It looks different in game from how it looks on every site including WoW armoury. Only seeing my toon in game can confirm that I am being honest with this.
Over 70 of them. I was counting. Edit. Forums are now glitchy too. I am not getting any notifications from this thread, instead I am getting non stop spam from posts I made several years ago just now showing up in replies, this thread here shows non existent in my history to me. If I leave this page I lose it forever.
Prove that I am telling the truth and not making this up. My armoury shows what I selected to mog into, that is not how I look in game and I cannot change how I look in game, have not been able to change how I look in game for almost half a year now.
That’s literally not their job to do. If sometihng is bug, then QA will look into it. GMs ain’t there to back what someone say up. They have zero import on bug reports as their job is to answer tickets for thigns they can help with.
What troubleshooting steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue?
Have you done a proper full UI reset (as detailed in Support article linked below)?
This can be reversed if done according to the directions in the Support article. I do this regularly to test things in a default install environment.
Resetting your UI to default settings can resolve various display and interface issues. Before performing these steps, please temporarily uninstall any addon management software you are using. Addon managers will re-sync the data cleared by these steps.
Completely exit World of Warcraft.
Uninstall any addon managers to make sure they don’t re-add your removed addons.
In the Blizzard Battle.net desktop application, click Options (the cogwheel next to Play button) and select Show in Explorer (Windows®) or Reveal in Finder (Mac®).
Open the World of Warcraft® folder.
Open the folder for the game version you’re troubleshooting (retail, classic_era, or classic)
Rename the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld.
Re-launch World of Warcraft so the changes can take effect.
I’m not getting the service that I have been paying for which is a working game. Zero help have I received after MONTHS of searching for a fix to this. So no need to play anymore until issue is fixed. So bye Blizzard and that is all. I quit WoW and have unsubbed. My last post here, you’ll never see me again. And this bug happened to me just 5 minutes before I made this thread.
Find the WTF folder under the World of Warcraft folderss. Copy them and then paste it to a completely separate folder, like your Documents.
Then uninstall WoW entirely, both retail and classic versions. Delete every folder that may have been left so you have no old data under your Programs folders. Including addons.
Reinstall WoW fresh, and do not do anything with your WTF folder you copied yet.
Now see if your transmogs are working. If it is not working then you are experiencing a bug, probably the only person.
If transmog is working then you can reinstall your addons and copy your original WTF folder to you new WoW folder, which will restore your settings you had before uninstall.
If your transmog stops working then it’s your addons. If your transmog is working with the addons then there was a corrupt file somewhere that got fixed.
It really doesn’t matter if you’re telling the truth or not, it doesn’t change how the system works. Unfortunately unless the devs can duplicate an issue on one of their computers, it’s going to be difficult if not impossible to fix and yes the QA team will try to duplicate it likely even checking with your character. Additionally, if only you or a few people are having the issue, the priority on it will be extremely low, especially since its not a game breaking bug, which means it might not get scheduled for months or even years.
I know this isn’t the answer you want, and it’s why it’s always best when things are caused by a corrupted UI since thats an easy thing players can fix on their own.