Need Help In Search For A Laptop

Hope to find some help here, thought I would try and post in hopes to find a PC/Laptop genius lol.

So Computers/PCs I have no issue knowing what parts are the best of the best and I know the basics on what is needed in a PC, my gaming PC is top quality from its graphics card, processor, ram, etc which is easy for me to figure out as I overkilled my PC to make sure it works since I could afford it.

However this is a different case, this laptop I am looking for will not be used for gaming, just simple web browsing, social media, watching videos, editing pictures and videos on a very small scale but the most ram/memory usage the laptop will need to handle is website building/editing. (This isn’t going to be my laptop this is what they need it for).

I have had issue after issue getting a laptop but two laptops ago they had a terrible i3 intel 8gb ram no graphics card laptop that barely lasted a couple months before slowing down and being useless. So seeing as my PC is intel i7, 2060 (now have a 3060), 16gb ram and that would be a huge overkill for them I assumed they could’ve gotten away with an intel i5 8gb ram no graphics card laptop which is an upgrade from their prior one, now it worked but not for long :confused: they still use it to this day this was back in 2016 but it is slow a.f.

So, can anyone suggest me what they think would work… or what I am missing here. I know Processor, Ram and GPUs are the main to look at. Storage space, RGB lol, etc idc about as they don’t need much storage and the rest is usually standard.

Thanks for anyone that can help, Surface Pros, Chromebooks, etc seem terrible by looking at the parts lol so my question is, intel wise should I go with the i7… do they need an i7? Ram wise shouldn’t 8gb be enough? My PC uses 16gb but thats because I doing a ton of stuff. Lastly is not having a graphics card what is killing their prior laptops? Meaning they get the standard built in terribad ones from bestbuy and such. If so… GPUs for laptops confuse me since I dont pay attention to them much, now I know geforce cards by heart but they would be overkill for what they are using it for, I do see Intel Iris XE cards in a lot of higher end non gaming PCs, would those suffice? Or just grab an overkilled intel :confused:

Trying to save money as well.

since you can afford it i suggest looking at them apple m1 macbooks.

to be honest, wait for the apple announcement on october 18

1 Like

Sorry but dislike Apple, like really hate their products…

ah gotcha

since you said no gaming then don’t really need the geforces or radeons… integrated graphics should be ok. make sure the SSD is NVME/M2. CPU model don’t really matter

i would set a max price you’re comfortable with and customize with as much RAM and SSD size until you’re close to that price

brandwise i’m hearing a lot of good things about lenovo… the yoga line

Thank you :smiley:

Still LF suggestions so I can put everyones thoughts together will check back tomorrow

Bumpity even though it doesnt really need it still LF help

Still need help

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-9i-14-2-in-1-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-evo-platform-core-i7-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-shadow-black/6434679.p?skuId=6434679

a bit overkill but should last you a long while

So I am looking at a laptop with thee following speccs–

• Intel Core i5-1135G7
  • Windows 11 Home
  • 13.4" 60Hz Full HD
  • Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
  • 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

On average how long should this last for? Not going to be used for gaming, but will be used for the general necessities ie- watching movies’, web browsing, social media, multiple apps at once but simple, the main extensive ram/laptop usage would be website creating which does take a lot demand but I am pretty sure these speccs should handle it.

:smiley:

It won’t last at all. 8GB of ram with W11? lol good luck with that.

1 Like

There is a tech section of the forum that will probably not you better, non-troll replies.

3 Likes

There’s also tons of websites, reddit, etc but this guy keeps asking WoW general discussion for some reason. lmao, second thread now.

About 3 or 4. Maybe 5.

1 Like

I put a post there look at how dead that section is lol

If you do simple upkeep and aren’t a clutz a laptop can last as long as you want. The only one breaking the computer would be yourself.

it can last you the whole time.

but in all seriousness, for web browsing, youtube and movies, you can get away with a cheap chromebook. the web design, i have no clue as i havent even messed around with that since angelfire and a hacked version of Dreamweaver… but i dont think you need much for html, if you are using a program, well it depends on what they recommend, but i cant see them needing too much.

8GB RAM?

Will that even run windows at this point?

This is the newer version of mine. It’s a spectacular laptop. I highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Triton-500-i7-10750H/dp/B0987Q5TVV/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=acer+predator+helios&qid=1634445140&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMEVBMDFQUjhDMjc4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTc3Mjc5MVBCNzhSWTlJWlBIRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODEwMzk2MzE2U1VXM1o4QVZXRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

So here is my question why get your upgraded laptop over this one

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-predator-triton-500-se-16-2560x1600-165hz-laptop-intel-11th-gen-i7-geforce-rtx-3060-16gb-ddr4-512gb-ssd/6463843.p?skuId=6463843

This one comes with a brand new GPU unlike the one you mentioned, 16gb ram which is plenty, both are SSD, etc they both have their pros and cons but isn’t the best buy one better and cheaper? I can also knock over 300 and get the same laptop for 1199 by decreasing the storage size lol

5 -6 years if you monitor the heat other wise 2 to 4 years