Need clarification on latest unjust policy update

Streamline just means anything that makes it easier than manually alt-tabbing between client windows while manually initiating one action per client. One example would be a system that automatically alt-tabs between clients upon activation (press 1, cast Corruption and alt-tab to next client; press 1 again, cast Pyroblast and alt-tab to next client; and so forth and so on).

There isn’t going to be any clarification because, as always, Blizzard isn’t in the habit of helping those who break the rules find ways to skirt those rules.

9 Likes

To be clear, though, multiboxing still isn’t in and of itself against the rules. It’s just a “we’re not going to help you do it, and you can’t use any outside tools to do it” situation.

2 Likes

That’s not what Teufelgott meant. They meant that any clarification from Blizzard (this is/isn’t allowed, this is how we investigate, this is how we detect, etc) is the kind of information bot companies want to know, so they can make their botting software undetectable.

2 Likes

This is not clear by what they said. Is using alt-tab a software means of streamlining multi-boxing? What if each game is on a separate monitor? This is exactly what OP is questioning.

They often do offer clarity, just not always and not in all situations. OP’s question is reasonable and basically means is multiboxing allowed at all, because you could interpret basically any action required to multibox as “streamlining” it. If blizzard ultimately does not clarify, it does not mean that asking is unreasonable.

“Blues” does not refer just to customer support but any blizzard employee including devs and other representatives who sometimes share this sort of information. I was generally hoping that OP was offered an answer, not necessarily by moderators of this forum or in this thread.

Sharing whether or not playing two accounts on two monitors is allowed would help botters how exactly? This isn’t something where hiding the rules would help botters circumvent some sort of gray area. Either you can play on two monitors or you can’t.

3 Likes

The only answers available on this forum are from the CS reps that moderate this forum. If you are looking for a Community Manager (the ones that communicate with and for the Devs), you will want to post in General.

4 Likes

Correct and I’ve not said otherwise.

That’s already covered in the support article and the latest announcement.

“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement.”

Any further explanation beyond what’s already been posted/linked is simply not at all likely. If Blizzard wanted to be more specific in their wording, then they would have chosen to do so.

5 Likes

Just so we’re on the same page - OP asking this question is completely reasonable. Any customer who pays a company a monthly fee should expect to be able to ask questions and should expect a response from the company. We pay $180/year+box price for the game, and it’s not unreasonable for someone from Blizzard (not a fellow player) to answer him, whether that’s the ticket, forum etc.

At the very least, a blue could post “Open a ticket for a response”, close the topic and be done with it. On the other hand, it’s not at all unreasoanble to ask a company what their interpretation of certain wording is. Heck, even Facebook defines their interpretation of “use” in their ToS just for the clarity.

Let me finish by saying I abhor multiboxing and am absolutely glad this is being knocked down even harder, but OP deserves a response either way, whether it’s “open a ticket” or a more detailed response.

You forgot the part where they said they’re within their rights to change their rules with or without notice and folks agree to it. They ain’t own any answer if Blizzard doesn’t want to.

5 Likes

There was a blue response, I linked it earlier.

4 Likes

We wouldn’t provide a recommendation like that since that isn’t something that our Support staff would be able to provide.

A lot of helpful commentary and information has already been posted, but it seems we are going in a circle on some matters. I’ll provide a similar response to a thread I addressed earlier and close this one.

As I mentioned previously, there isn’t any further clarification that Customer Support can provide outside of what is in the statement made in the General Discussion post and the available Support Article.

Any further clarification would need to come from Community and our Development team.

13 Likes