Necromancer or Bard Class?

I enjoyed reading the Tinker concept over on mmo-champ as well.

With blood magic and flesh crafting, I picture necromancer having a healing spec.
I’d go 4 specs to mirror druid.

Why would it be one when there’s numerous races that fit tinker?

This is how it works for the Island expeditions teams.
They’re basically Overwatch’s D.Va.

I’d like to see a 3rd spec that focuses on the demon form being used all the time. Add customization to the form as well.

I have not seen a single bard concept from anyone that would work. Not a single one.

They are 100% mandatory or 100% useless as a class. Blizzard would have to make a 4th role and basically remake every group activity ever. It won’t work.

Oh wow, wardrobe change.

Nice mog.

1 Like

As a completely unbiased goblin, I for one, unbiased of course, think a tinker class would be the best fit. We give it mail, make it ranged with guns or “techno magic” and make every spell like a gnome talking about his most favorite machine.

Both!

I loved the Taliesin idea of “class skins”. I’d take a Bard skin for Goodberry at once!

Just wearing what I’ve been getting via questing haha.
Bit of a mish mash =D

1 Like

I was unconvinced with Bards until all the primordial music gimmicks kicking around Shadowlands and Zereth Mortis. There’s so much reference to vespers and sounds that they could spin that into a Songweaver of sorts but it wouldn’t be that typical charming rascal that Bards are usually akin to.

My head still hurts that we didn’t get Necromancer going into this xpac TBH.

Necromancers can be baked into dark rangers if done currectly.

Bards will be a hard pass and hopefully never happen. They have 0 lore in WoW, not a class that represents war, and normally affiliated with “spoony” and “cowardly” behavior in a game full of “valor” and “Honor”

it’s prob Dragon Knight as the new class. fight with dragon enhanced abilities and similar to Druids you have a Dragon combat Form you can go to. it would be a CD based combat similar to enhancement or Guardian Druid. the combat form would be tanky. have stronger attacks in some ways but weaker ones in others. slower movement but also have the ability to fly low to the ground at higher speeds. like if you had jumped and used a goblin glider. able to attack while in flight. attacks would also be directional and not lock on target like most abilities. so base damage would be higher per hit to account for the easy to miss/ dodge abilities.

in normal caster form all abilities would be more refined and follow the lock on target combat that most characters have.

it would be a full multi class of resource management active all at once.
mana. rage, energy, focus, and rune like charges.

Between the two? I would pick Necromancer. I’d rather have Bard as a Profession. As a profession, I could see it being pretty fun for social activities.

This is barely a question to me. Necromancers all the way. The lore is there. The class design is possible, and it has been constantly requested.

Though I’ll settle with a class skin or talents/abilities that let warlocks cannibalize caster necromancer aspects, or even a caster spec for death knights. (Another intellect plate caster would be interesting) Though I would be most happy with it as a class because I could see myself enjoy lvling it.

Bard has no strong lore or supporting it. It has no strong focus. I’d take tinker over bards.

Monk, specifically BM is the wow bard. For all intents and purposes it is the jolly adventurer archetype.

But I’d be fine with bard as well as necro.

Class fantasies are just skins and don’t really have any bearing on gameplay. For example the DH spec havoc’s gameplay could directly be translated into a Tinkerer dps skin. Meta being a mech form, eyebeam being a lazer beam on said mech and so forth.