Necromancer datamine?

Why do you want a Necro class? A vampire class would be nice instead of a Necro one. Imo…

you mean… there is broken code? that has never happened in any other game. After having a class take our abilities a necro feels like it would take more of them.

and what would that look like, exactly?

Paladins cannot use shadow magic.

I feel like in the world of Warcraft era, Vampire is a race more then class, San’lyn/Venthyr are great examples.

I could see Vampire Races be a Necromancer class.

It would look and feel like

The transformation would be like

Why people keep thinking an unholy DK is a necromancer.

A necromancer raises undead sure, but they fight at range with range attacks.

I see DKs similar to Necromancers but not the same, similar to Paladins and Priests, both use the light but not the same…

Theirs honestly room for Necromancers, people have given great ideas to separate both DKs from Necromancers without stepping on eachothers toes…

In lore itself in WoW Necromancers and DKs are two different things aswell, it’s not that Necromancers never existed…just given current events in WoW and were we are heading it’s a perfect time to be implemented…

People asking for Necromancers isn’t a new thing aswell…

Half the pally covenant skills do shadow damage. :^)

Would be nice to get a hero class that isn’t grimdark and edgy.

I feel like there’s so much redundancy in the theme between lock, DK and DH that having another class in that same vein would be a strange thing to balance.

1 Like

Unholy DKs are necromancers.

“ While all Death Knights have some ability to control and reanimate undead minions, an Unholy Death Knight has chosen to specialize necromantic magic”

Thats right from the Blizzard class changes post.

A Necromancer is literally some one who uses magic to communicate with the dead, raise bodies, spirits, etc. Comes from a Greek word that combines the words of “dead body” and “divination.”

None of what makes a necromancer a necromancer requires them to wear cloth armor, they just have to use magic or supernatural abilities to raise the dead.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s quite unrealistic to think a new class wouldn’t be advertised right from the start of a new expansion.

This is the customization expac, we should be getting class customizations too!

Sauron was melee and wore plate. But his armor does fit well with the expansion.

Just like the game doesn’t have necromancer, they have death knights. Same concept different name.

For all intents and purposes Death knights are wows dks.

On top of that you’d have to butcher multiple other classes playstyles and potentially abilities to make it work like:
Affliction warlock
Unholy dk
Shadow priest
Blood dk
Frost dks
Frost mates

Necromancers are not something that should be added as a separate class. Either rework unholy into a ranged spec, make a glyph for warlocks that works similar to green fire (all demons become undead and all curses become diseases), or keep it as is. I could care less which blizzard does.

Nah, Demon Hunter can be Tank/DPS. They also don’t control pets.

Meanwhile, Warlock and Necromancer are fairly similar.

First they take Demonology’s demon transformation back for DH (which was fine with me) and make it a pet swarm spec but now you want to take that away now too?! What would they have left?

Yea…it is rather lore breaking.

Also, they didn’t announce it so there was never a possibility of it happening anyway.

There is nothing a necromancer can do that a DK or a Warlock can’t do. The last thing we need is another class that has to remove abilities from existing classes in order to exist. The most popular thread on most Demon Hunter forums is people requesting a 3rd spec because they find the class shallow. Know why it’s shallow? Because its just a Rogue and a Warlock smashed together. Now you want to smash a Warlock and a DK together?

No thanks.