Necromancer datamine?

Deep within the code of shadowlands has broken references to a necromancer class. It looks like they tried to purge the files but some reminants remain. Could indicate that shadowlands originally was going to have a new class but scrapped it for some reason. Maybe time or balancing reasons or even just couldn’t come up with a workable implementation of the concept. Either way at this stage of development Necromancer clearly isn’t happening in shadowlands.

Why do you think they scrapped the dk’s priest to the paladin counterpart.

1 Like

Source, please?

7 Likes

unholy dk is a necromancer

18 Likes

Shadowlands is about Death, not the Undead. Necromancers wouldn’t remotely make sense.

4 Likes

I’d like to see a source, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a class or two planned and scrapped due to time. Always struck me as odd that they didn’t have a simple hook for Shadowlands like a new class (coughtinkercough)

3 Likes

Unholy DK is a necromancer like holy paladin is a priest. Or demon hunter is too a warlock.

1 is melee and uses plate. The other is ranged and uses cloth.

10 Likes

So? Paladin is a plate wearing priest. This argument is weak. No reason why we can’t have a caster version. :+1:t2:

10 Likes

It’s NecroLORD

1 Like

eh then you have warlock.

Google can’t find it. I don’t think this is real.

2 Likes

hmmm something, something… words… words… words… “Meat of argument”… Tinker Class

1 Like

The new customization is the hook. It’s pretty much the same as with WoD and the new models. Also AR DKs I suppose.

Unholy DK is literally a necromancer though. A necromancer is just someone who practices necromancy and specializes in it, like an unholy DK does.

A paladin doesn’t practice priesthood and a DH doesn’t practice witchcraft.

Pretty much. DH is a melee leather wearing warlock. So… yeah. No reason why we can’t have a ranged necromancer.

3 Likes

Check again. Bliz lore says death and unholy is different from fel and shadow and fire.

2 Likes

exactly. Someone who actually understands lol it doesnt matter what armor they wear.

1 Like

A paladin is literally just a priest who took up arms. It’s literally like that in the games lore.

1 Like

holy paladin is a priest.

Fixed.

:wink:

My guess is they could be NPC stuff?

They don’t really fit Wow, since warlocks. It is like EQ had necro and SK, while Wow has Warlock and DK; You dont have both, of either.

If they were going to have Necro, it would have been in SL.

Or, it could even be some necro stuff/pets for Warlock/DK.

not quite… unholy dks use necromancy magic, but because you use necromancy that does not make YOU a necromancer.
In order for being a necromancer you need to be dedicated exclusively to necromancy, so to give you a better example a true necromancer compared to a unholy dk would bring out more numerous or even more powerfull undead to fight for him.
Death knight control necromancy, however he just touches into that magic, he doesnt go as deep as the necromancer can go, its basically the difference between a shadow priest and a affliction warlock, the lock only taps while the SP go deep within it

4 Likes

It’s not quite that simple.