Necromancer class already designed IN GAME

Everything needed for the Necromancer class is already in game.

Once the expansion is over, if you take all of the covenant spells and bring them together, it is a really unique set of spells.

Necromancer is a highly requested class. Most people ask how it would be different from Warlock. Looking at the covenant spells in-game, it is clear that there are many abilities that can make a unique experience.

Talent Trees:
Fleshcrafting
Sin
Spirits

Also, make it MAIL.

17 Likes

I can’t recall every covenant spell, but I like this idea of making a class out of them. The character would need to have a strong connection to all the covenants for this to happen, so maybe a new race would be needed. I’m thinking Caretakers of Oribos. Maybe one of them was a little bit too curious. Or, of course, a broker could could work. Both have completely new skeleton models that would be a blast to transmog.

5 Likes

A DK is a necromancer. Especially in the necro cov.

If bliz would gylph demons into undead, a demonology warlock could be a necromancer. Don’t need a whole new class that bliz can’t balance like all the other classes.

23 Likes

No :clap: its :clap: not :clap:

15 Likes

Yes. :skull: they :skull_and_crossbones: are. :bone:

23 Likes

B

Blockquote

No. They. Are. Not.

It’s like saying paladin’s are priests.

12 Likes

DKs are not true necromancers

10 Likes

Exactly… I get the argument these people are trying to make but when most people talk about a new Necromancer class they are talking about a true “pure” caster class that can wear mail and summon UNDEAD not demons…

People are hard headed… This game is sorely unbalanced with melee vs. ranged.

8 Likes

Yeah, and it was divided into DKs and Warlocks long ago.

IN FACT, Necros were on the table when DKs were being designed and they “stole” some stuff from them to MAKE DKs.

Ewww, how about NO.

They would be a caster class like a Warlock even if they WERE a thing, so they wouldn’t wear Mail Armor.

That wouldn’t even make sense.

5 Likes

No, they are not necromancers like diablo ones. But they are a lot like one. Summoning hordes of dead and if you are in the necrolord cov, having an abomination with you, the abomination limb spell… yep, a lot like a necro-something.

I just have issues with new classes/races. Until blizzard can prove that they can balance the current ones (they can’t and haven’t since game inception) don’t need to take even more development time to come out with new content.

2 Likes

I’m not saying necromancer diablo is the way to go, I personally prefer the actual definition of a spellcasting necromancer, not a plate wearing meathead that works with runeweapons

3 Likes

Based on what? Every necromancer we’ve ever seen (other than death knights) have been clothies; just priests or mages with an undeath gimmick.

Akashax is dead on. Unholy death knights and warlocks are already taking up the majority of the design space necromancers would fit into. A set of warlock glyphs to turn their demons into undead would be a far better option than trying to wedge an entire new class in between them.

6 Likes

Those are fighting words…

2 Likes

Rather they just do a cosmetic class glyph for demonology Warlocks that replaces demons with skeletons.

4 Likes

Correct. It’s called a Death Knight.

7 Likes

We already have DKs.

5 Likes

that would require fun, we cant have that.

2 Likes

Link to this “fact”…

Blizzard ALWAYS do things that make sense…

If this was the case there would be no DK’s and no DH’s… The game would effectively die because people want “perfection” out of class balance that will NEVER be perfect, so by their logic the game would never have anything new. smh…

/face palm

/Double face palm

1 Like

Dks:
Raise the dead
Use diseases
Use blood
Control a necropolis
Abuse death for their own means
Have tons of undead minions
Control ice and cold
Wear plate

“Necromancers”:
Raise dead
Use diseases
Use blood
Control a necropolis
Abuse death to their own means
Have tons of undead minions
Control ice and snow
Wear cloth.

They are literally same other than their armor type. Necromancer would steal too many resources from other classes to work. It shouldn’t happen. Want the death theme? Dks are right there.

This is closer to a covenant themed class not necromancer and even the flesh stitching would really be pushing the boundary on stealing dk skills.

You can try to argue it all you want but blizzard rolled the “dark knight” idea and the “death wizard” idea into one class the death knight.

6 Likes

There are already tons of new animations and spell effects they could use to create a true necromancer. Death Knights while they have some undead abilitys they are not necros.

People that say no to Necro because we have DKs are silly. Why have Paladin when we have a preist and a warrior? Why have a Monk when we have Rogues! Why have DH when warlocks exists!!! There is plenty of room for new classes.

Necromancer/Tinker/Bloodmage/Shadowhunter/Dark ranger/Dragonsworn/Witchdoctors/Bards ect… Could easily become new classes or specs in the current game.

2 Likes