Necromancer as fourth spec for warlock

Never stopped a mage from going mad ,did it?

Nope and that’s how we ended up with kel’thuzad. I’d rather not see more of that. It’s that kind of nonsense that drove malygos to declare war on mages and cost him his life. The irresponsible selfish destructive usage of magic.

Malygos and likely all became mad when they heard those whispers from the time ripples and no one is safe,not even a moral mage ,not even a warlock.

You’re confusing malygos with Nozdormu. Nozdormu deals with time and it’s ripples. Malygos never tried any of that. He was never insane. After death wing decimated his flight so badly the other flights had to pick up the slack during the dragon wars he got really depressed. And after he eventually came out of that depression he opened his eyes and saw a world full of mortals engaging in things such as necromancy and endless reckless usage of arcane magic which was a beacon for the legion. He knew we knew that and still weren’t even attempting to take precautions, which exist, the blue flight and thalassian elves know how to shield arcane magic usage. And his job as aspect of magic was to monitor such things and respond. His response was too harsh. So harsh it forced his sister’s hand. But i understand why he responded the way he did. After all he’d experienced seem an lost because of magic

1 Like

I think it’s a terrible idea.

Warlocks raise demons using fel-magic, not skeletons. It would make zero sense lorewise for a warlock to be raising undead all of a sudden.

Also, DKs already raise undead. If anything necromancer would be a 4th spec for DK where they give up plate armor and use a staff or scythe.

1 Like

They had the same thing happen to them,each in a different way one with magic the other with time ,time and magic are no different than space is to gravity.

Fel and necromancy aren’t the same thing, and we already have a necromancy spec.

Time is a type of magic sure. But “there’s no difference between time and magic” is patently false. It’s why there is an Aspect of Time and an Aspect of Magic. There’s all tyoes of magic in this world.

Convert unholy DK to ranged plate wearing caster. As the only thing we kind of get for a plate caster is Holy Paladin

1 Like

LOL,time makes magic they are related they can’t existence without each other,nor can space and gravity.

We should have an aspect of existence.

Wouldn’t a necromancer basically be turning the player into Arthas as this is what he did as the Lich King? I think the large number of Forsaken might take offense,

I feel like by the end of this expansion Shamans should get an Earth style tanking spec.

1 Like

This really should be its own class. Would be great when we go out west and find the western kingdoms full of decay and spirit magic.

i think a necromancer would be more of a DK thing.

I want fully “tameable” demons for warlocks, like hunters have.

most folks are aware that the enhancement tree in classic and tbc had tanking abilities. they just never developed end game gear for them so you couldn’t get defensive ratings high enough to be uncrushable.

but in the classic reboot, i tanked with a shaman up until about level 45. after that I couldnt get groups any more.

chain lightening makes a great way to get aggro on a pull :slight_smile:

Shaman tanking involved over gearing trivial content.

In classic, specs never really had a dedicated direction. By TBC when they attempted to do so, Shaman was well away from any tanking premise.

But to stay on topic.

How is a necromancy, mechanically
different from a demo warlock or DK? I dont care about aesthetics. But what would it bring differently to the table as far as gameplay, because that is what I dont see.

we need more necromancy based classes we already have 2 holy based classes and 2 nature based. we need another necromancer one. we have 2 demon based classes in DH and warlock.

1 Like

You misspelled “tanking”.

Hunters should have a tank spec, too. :wink:

Not a fan of tanking.
Plus a healer suits their ranged casting playstyle.

Could just give em a tome of necromancy that turns demons into undead that do similar thing’s as warlock pets.