Necromancer as a spec to Warlocks?

I think they should take shadow priest, affliction warlock and add spec necromancer and make a new class, (death mage?). I think Maldraxis and the maw open up spells and abilities for necromancers so you don’t have to steal from death knights.

I think they should rebrand affliction as necromancy. Give new spell effects and replace pets with undead minions.

1 Like

Wait nvm wrong thread

1 Like

Or the right thread.

HEY BATTLEMASTER

1 Like

@Tovi — Yeah that’s true. Sorry about the misunderstanding. :slight_smile:

That’s why a spec would work great - they still have the same amount of edgy classes, there’s just a new spec one of them gain. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s been peaking as a subject lately, so I thought I’d poke for an alternative.

Yeah … I addressed that - Scroll up, and read. Duh.

“That’s why we have ENGINEERS. Duh.”

They have necromancy spells, but necromancers as a base-class are different in lore.

I’d actually be alright with that / have suggested the same before.

No, you really didn’t. You just tried to do an end-run around making it a class and went for spec instead.

We have Death Knights. Death Knights ARE your Necromancers. Blizzard even admitted that.

Tinker =/= Engineer.

There are numerous threads explaining why that is 100% wrong and I’m not going to bother rehashing here.

Granted, but as I said Blizzard explained they incorporated Necros into DKs when they made them. You’re not going to get anything like you see in Diablo, or even a spec that looks like it.

Tinkers at least have a hero unit from back in WC3, so there’s a precedent for adding them. Necros have NO such precedent.

How? We had a class revamp in legion.

1 Like

It could work as a spec, yea. Or a class skin. But spec would be funner for sure. I think it could even fit as another shadow spec for priests too, like the Ner’zhul fight in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

1 Like

Well, I really did

So to quote yourself to you again —

As for the Tinker subject, I knew there’d be toxic diehards that would want to derail the thread rather rudely then prompt up ‘TiNkErS’ which is why I already stated in the start of my thread →

If you disagree, cool state it respectfully and then move along.

you want to push your own wanted agendas then go on another thread that’s more subjected to it.

Where? I remember the generic necromancer units for Undead but the closest hero unit to one that I recall were DKs.

1 Like

Right, thankyou for the clarification sorry - I got the word mixed up, thought it meant units in general. lol

Has since been corrected. :slight_smile:

No, I wasn’t “pushing an agenda” (any more than you were pushing yours), I was merely explaining that one scenario was FAR MORE LIKELY to happen than the one you are positing. The only way to explain that was to mention the scenario, but you call that “pushing an agenda”, which it isn’t, which is why I didn’t bother to EXPLAIN why you were wrong about it and left that to the other threads.

Also, you don’t get to set “ground rules” for threads. Literally, no one cares.

You still REALLY DIDN’T but you think you did, so whatever.

You’re STILL not getting Necros, they are STILL merged into Death Knights, so this ENTIRE thread is a moot point anyway, and good luck to you in your wanting, WHICH WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

That’s literally where all the ideas for WoW come from, which is why we have DKs, Monks and Demon Hunters.

They had a unit, but it’s not on the hero list, which is the list I was referring too:

Even a glyph to just make the spells necromancer themed (visually only)

1 Like

I do think so - but I don’t think it should be a spec - it should be a skin for demonology

Yeah, already corrected the hero thing upon Karat’s point out. Though there is the hero unit of ‘Lich’ whom are casters that use necrotic spells.

I’m not demanding necros. There’s really no need to use caps.

From the start, this was more or less a discussionary thread to pitch the idea, and you got mad salty at it from the get-go.

Necromancers are not warlocks. undeads =/= demons in wow universe.

Death knights by lore have never been ranged, they prefer melee weapons.

The reason for this is they are the opposite of paladins, basically undead paladins who are now infused with death magic.

This isn’t true. Gen 1 Death Knights were necromancers which are spell casters. You can read about them here:

Check out the picture from the Warcraft 2 manual. He’s holding a staff, not sword.

1 Like

Oh, well, times changed. The “necromancers” Lich King Arthas and Bovlar raised are melee only death knights, as were the ones Gul’dan lead. The whole ranged necromancers died out in wow.

LOL no those were the necromancers. Gen 1.

Arthas raised us (Gen 3) and Bolvar raised allied races (Gen 4.) Those were the ones that relied on their weapons.

1 Like

DKs are necromancers in plate. Deal with it.