Near-impossible to obtain raid trinkets

So now after 15 Rashok kills over 6 weeks I still have not been able to get Rashok’s Molten Heart on any difficulty. Not only do you roll against 3-4 other healers every time it does drop, which seems to be only around 25%, 4 of your DPS will also roll on it. It’s also never appeared in any of my full raid vaults over 6 weeks. It’s practically impossible to get this trinket as a casual pug raider. There needs to be some kind of token system to prevent such terrible luck for crap like this.

It’s completely killed my motivation to set foot in the raid, and honestly makes me not even want to play my healer anymore (which is a pretty big deal right now because healers are getting sparser by the day).

If you are going to fill Mythic+ with garbage trinkets and put an extremely good one in the raid, you need to make them obtainable.

15 Likes

The problem is Rashok’s trinket is way too powerful and they should have nerfed it the first week. A trinket at 405 being better than every other trinket in the game at 447 is problematic no matter the drop rate or where it drops from. And now they’re doing it again with the Tyr trinket from the new megadungeon which can literally do 30k hps

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y3QPJcdxvfKgL7bX#fight=12&type=healing&source=5

6 Likes

The change to reduce the number of tier tokens bosses drop should help a lot here. You have significantly better odds of getting Rashok’s Molten Heart or Ominous Chromatic Essence this week than you did last week.

1 Like

Already did it this week, 1 dropped and I lost the roll to about 4 people. Odds are identical because you still roll against upwards of 5 people.

It’s not identical though. If the boss dropped 4 pieces of loot last week, 2 of them were tier. This week, 1 of them is tier. That’s an entire extra item, each week, which could be a Rashok’s.

There’s competition for it, sure. But it’s definitely better odds of getting it than you used to have.

2 Likes

2/10 is the same as 1/5. Odds are the same.

1 Like

If the boss drops 4 items (20 person raid), last week it was 2/4 could be trinket. This week it’s 3/4 could be trinket. Better odds.

2 Likes

If I have 3 rolls in a pool of 15 rolls, the odds are exactly the same as if I had 1 roll in a pool of 5 rolls. Also the chance of even more than 1 dropping is almost non-existent anyway.

1 Like

There’s 50% more trinkets dropping in this example though! I don’t understand how you could think that means you aren’t more likely to win a single trinket in any given week.

Because there’s also 50% more opposing rolls.

1 Like

There’s the exact same number of people rolling on each trinket, there’s just more trinkets to win so more people will win trinkets.

If you discount the fact that one person can’t win twice, your odds become 2/9. Very slight improvement. I get you mean well, but it’s still crap and doesn’t make a meaningful difference.

Send Blizzard a strongly worded letter in their mailbox. Better yet, go in person while dressed up in your Paladin costume with BELFY ears! And bonk them in the heads. :anger: :triumph:

Send them a final notice. A word of caution and an ultimatum of their impending doom. If they fail to provide you with the trinket that you desire, you’re going to send them a hand drawn trinket daily in the mail for 10 years straight! :cold_face: :hot_face:

Just to remind them that you, remember. This grudge will never be forgotten! :o:

2 Likes

You can’t discount that. It’s how loot works.

If 50% more trinkets drop, and each player can only win one trinket, you are more likely to get a trinket each week. You actually have a better chance of winning the second trinket than the first, because the person who won the first trinket is not eligible to win the second.

The expected value of trinkets each week is higher now than it was in 10.1.0.

Which is precisely why I am leaving feedback in place designed for feedback and discussion. I don’t really understand what your problem is. I’m leaving feedback about something that I think makes the game less enjoyable. I guess you are one of those people who wants every healer to have a miserable time and quit so that we can all sit in group finder all day waiting for one?

This! It’s incredibly frustrating and demoralizing to not get a single useful trinket from M+, Raid, or Vault for two months!

Dinar was the perfect bad luck protection, they should have made that a permanent feature. For a normal length season they could make it take longer to earn them if necessary, it should only be there to help people with bad luck not replace normal gearing.

1 Like

Like I said, 2/9 is not much better than 2/10. And honestly, saying only 5 people roll on it each time is pretty generous, it’s usually like 8.

1 Like

I count myself lucky I was able to get it early on in a normal pug raid on my main. Haven’t seen it drop at all on my priest.

It’s 2023 and we still don’t have spec locked drops. It’s Blizzard’s version of trolling.

3 Likes

Having been around since Shadowland’s S1, I’m quite certain, if they could cut chances of getting trinkets (or any other gear) even more, they would…

2 Likes