Nazjatar feels so empty and lifeless

Don’t get me wrong, it has a TON of NPC’s everywhere to where traversing it can feel like a real slog at times but when it comes to other players it just feels barren.

I just did the Nazjatar WPvP event, which is cool and all, but there were almost no alliance anywhere. We smoked them 3k to 500, it was an absolute one sided beat down. In fact, even trying to find Alliance to kill to fill the progress bar for the World Quest during the event I only managed to get to 75%

I actually really, really, REALLY like the content but it just feels far too barren. Something needs to be done with the in game Population because the epic battles we should have been having just were non-existent. I have seen more activity camping flight points in Vol’dun, heck just in the Incursions on Zandalar or Kul’tiras, than I did here in Nazjatar on day 1 of the patch which should, arguably, be the most populated time period.

These systems are cool, I really like them, but we need more players some how :S Flooding a world with NPC’s does not make it feel alive, having more active players in the world does. Outside of the PvP event I rarely run across any players in general regardless of what side they are on.

I hope this is an issue that will be addressed in the future. I know Blizzard does not want to merge servers but for day 1 to be this empty is really rather saddening.

PS: Love how Bounties are announced and how Airdrop planes are displayed on the world map now :slight_smile:

33 Likes

The first one of the day ended with a grand total of 178 for the Alliance and 10000 for the Horde. Saddest part was my Horde toon not getting any rewards.

8 Likes

Was just about to post this, it’s so one sided population wise, I thought they were supposed to be doing some things behind the scenes to somewhat even the numbers? Horde always outnumber alliance by a huge margin ruins the world pvp for both sides, sucks it could be so cool.

9 Likes

Sharding is doing wonky things. Today Alliance on WRA won the PVP battle 3 times without the Horde scoring a single point. I couldn’t find any Horde running around so I could get credit for the rewards.

6 Likes

Because there’s barely of interest in pvping rn.

Also there are a lot more Hordies than us Alliance players sadly.

If they want more Alliance players they should make Alliance worth it and not boring and worth pvping in

7 Likes

expect a 445 ‘kill 20 horde’ pvp reward next week for alliance

27 Likes

I did all the quests with warmode on, for every alliane always 3-5 horde.

On mec island I couldn’t take on a rare without getting ganked. So I made a 40 man raid group and we Zerged rares. Steamrolled the horde claimed 3 bounties it was amazing.

3 Likes

Zin-Azshari is to suppose to feel like a sprawling city. Like Suramar. I am very shocked to see its very empty. Disappointing to say the least. More gating and timeless isle rare spawn timers so long. IF someone calls out a rare i kill on one side run on other its already down. They like seeing us run and sweat like gerbils on a hamster wheel? Why yes.

I am not happy with 8.2. I just want my flying and be done. BFA is still a fail out the gate. No matter what HoA essences to farm or trinkets from mechafu**aroo.

10 Likes

In the context of War Mode, yeah the Alliance isn’t playing ball their due to lack of interest, and the only time you will see people in sizeable numbers is when they have a quest for gear up.

Sharding being wonky also contributes to the one-sided perspective some people see, and that’s something their working on constantly, but overall it’s just the fact that the Horde dominate 95% of the time and a 5-10% bonus AP and/or the occasional free piece of high quality gear isn’t gonna be worth getting blasted by 5-40man groups of bloodthirsty Horde.

6 Likes

3 Horde Assassins and groups of horde at every POI zerging down every alliance trying to do anything, this isn’t fun for my horde or alliance characters =/

7 Likes

I feel like a good point of discussion for the next Q&A, after seeing all these responses, the Raiding Hall of Fame numbers (Alliance have what, 12 in the Hall of Fame for Season 2?), the WPvP, ect would be on Faction Imbalance and how Blizzard thinks they want to deal with it moving forward.

5 Likes

The raid is where the city is FYI, alongside the area surrounding the entrance to said raid being the “city” portion. The majority of the area we explore is the “outskirts” or the wild sea floor surrounding it.

Unfortunately, I doubt there is a real way to fix the faction imbalance. Personally, I’ve always been in the mindset that this stupid faction crap should have ended after MoP. At this point, with dwindling numbers, it’s just a hindrance more than anything. The game should have moved away from this forced faction war garbage and just let everyone group with whatever faction/race they wanted.

Considering we just hold hands and hug it out to fight the big bad everytime anyway, it stopped making sense years ago.

18 Likes

The Nighthold raid in Legion had a city inside as well as tons of vast areas of a populous city outside of the raid. Zin-Azshari should be as well, even bigger. Its the capital of the Highborne, supposedly. Truly sad.

3 Likes

wrong.

racials.

make emfh great again

8 Likes

Usually, I try to defend the whole “Horde outnumber alliance!” mumbo jumbo; however, after today when I was on my horde in the new zone and a pvp event popped up (I had no clue wth was going on if I’m honest), I saw the Horde points skyrocket while the Alliance barely scraped out 400 or something?

I felt like I got hit in the face with a couple raw eggs. I haven’t tested the new content on my Alliance toon yet, but damn … I’m a bit at a loss for words after I saw that.

I know for a fact though in the previous content, all I’d see is “horde at xyz coordinates!” followed by every Alliance piling onto them. This is kind of odd though.

I did see a couple Alliance players running around me … I generally leave people alone unless they hit me first, so I know Alliance exist in WM … so there is that, I guess?

5 Likes

Making a racial super OP in some goofy attempt to get people to faction change isn’t a real solution.

7 Likes

completely getting rid of factions isn’t a real solution either because faction pride in this game is still one of the biggest unfortunate memes about this game, they’re never going to get rid of it

giving a side superior racials that’ll appeal to the min-maxxers seems like a more realistic solution that blizzard can do to try to balance out factions

2 Likes

My worry there is “How do they handle WPvP” at that point. Normal PvP is easy, you would get assigned teams, but stuff like the Nazjatar WPvP stuff, how could Blizzard handle that is my concern.

Even the non-event stuff, is everyone just against everyone in the open world unless groups?

I think that “Factions” or “Alliances” as a whole should be re-evaluated. There has to be a way to fix the balance issues between factions in some way, I just don’t know what that would be.

All I know is its kinda a huge bummer today.

3 Likes

Racials aren’t gonna be enough of a pull for a lot of people, sure the 1%ers will, but a lot of people won’t simply due to social connections.

It’s too far gone to be properly fixed now, sad to say.

4 Likes