Naxx Isn't Unbelievably hard it's just extremely expensive, The game is dying Why can't we have pre patch right now?

You’ve never killed Loatheb without rebuffing lol…

Relying on world buffs and DPS to carry you through the encounter so you can avoid as much of the actual healer check as possible like everything else people have to rebuff for doesn’t change the way the encounter was actually designed.

1 Like

This is prob spoken from the eyes of a dps. “NaXx iSn’T hARd” Sucks to heal bro. Try it without wb’s or consumes

I’m dipping in and out smacking the boss to keep Light up.
You can dip in and out like that and avoid the nature damage, or pre pot a greater nature so you absorb it and sty in hitting him.

If you do want to take the dot off, use a poison resistance elixir.
It isn’t on the same cool down as any other pot.

The only healer check is healers using their largest heal when they are off cool down, and trying not to over heal too much.

There is an add on called EZLoatheb that tells your healers when it is their turn to heal.
It also shows you a list of when all healers that are on cool down will be able to cast a heal again.

And if you have Healcom or a heal add on that shows incoming heals you can see if another healer already has a heal incoming so you don’t cast at the wrong time and do mostly over healing.

Staying in with Judgment of Light while using Seal of Light basically completely negates the poison aura. If my guild was better, I’d use Seal of Righteousness, cause Paladins get a free pass on one Inevitable Doom from being able to bubble it.

I’ve just never bothered since we have a Paladin that wears full Tier 1, and it isn’t like my damage is anything special to write home about. We get quite a few dooms on my Paladin’s guild, and some of the folks like to “help” other people if they get really low and suddenly rotations get screwed up.

I mean, show me your logs and I’ll be more than happy to show you mine. But… we both know you wont because it’d be embarrassing for you.

Yep. Pretty much offsets the poison aoe on my war and then some. If I pre-pot I can soak 1st doom, bandage second, HS/whipper the third and bandage the next if necessary so I can still use MRP’s on cooldown

We have never “re-buffed” for Loetheb. We have world buffs when we kill it.

Let me explain how Loetheb has never been a healer check.

So in vanilla the meta was to brute force failure by adding more healers. Wiping in MC? Add more healers
Having problems with nefarian? Add more healers
Tank dying Twin Emps? Add more healers.

In Classic it was the opposite, people were 8 healing MC, BWL and eventually AQ the norm sits around 10-11. In Vanilla people were bringing sometimes 15

So here comes this boss with a weird mechanic…you can’t brute force it by bringing a million healers. The boss has a soft enrage, eventually you’ll run out of consumables and the healers can’t save anyone from it.

It’s the opposite of a healer check, it’s a dps check.

The healer checks are Patchwerk, Thaddius and Sapph. Loetheb is a healer dps fight.

Now let’s see your logs

3 Likes

An experienced Naxx raider/healer speaks. Pay attention to this person.

Loath isn’t a heal check, it’s a dps check.

Or fix the expense part by fixing the broken economy that was predictably broken by servers having 12-20 times the population of raiders as vanilla servers for which the game was balanced.