Nar'thalas Mages

They’re present in the Stormwind mage tower and providing portals for the Alliance. I simply assumed they were neutral and didn’t think much of their presence until I noticed that they’re flagged for PvP as Alliance and Darnassus NPCs, which is something the Horde doesn’t have in their respective tower. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

1 Like

I think it’s a mistake to read into think as meaning anything in particular. If Blizzard wanted to bring highborne ghosts into the Alliance, there are less obtuse ways of doing so.

3 Likes

I think the opportunity to bring the Highborne ghosts into the Alliance is going to pass with Azshara’s defeat. I could be wrong though, since a prevalent theory is that Azshara isn’t going to kick it tomorrow.

1 Like

Do Nar’thalas and Suramar have enough history of antagonism that Suramar’s enemy would be Nar’thalas’ friend? Sadly, I didn’t pay enough attention to the lore of Legion to know.

I can think of no better reason for Nar’thalas to join the Alliance, given that Suramar joined the Horde.

1 Like

If the Nightfallen hadn’t overthrown Elisande, perhaps.

Prince Farondis says: The Nightborne Leodrath seems to have received reinforcements from Suramar. They have reason to believe that the renegade Nightfallen have come to Azsuna to escape their grasp.
    Prince Farondis says: Though they were once my kin, what they have become is an evil that I cannot abide in my lands. You know what you must do.

Prince Farondis says: A pity that Leodrath escaped, but you’ve delivered a blow to the Nightborne that they will not soon forget. The denizens of Azsuna thank you.

But Advisor Vandros was the one who turned Farondis in to Azshara, and Thalyssra has the player kill Vandros, so that probably would have put the new Nightborne leadership in more favorable light with Farondis.

This is diminished, too, I think, given that Thalyssra also convinces Lor’themar to work with the Alliance again by speaking fondly of the Alliance and Horde working together to liberate Suramar.

1 Like

Hey, turned out Azshara made it out of that situation alive!

Opens up opportunity for the undead Night Elves again. If anything, adds even more, given all the new Drowned that refused to become Naga in Nazjatar to add to the list.

1 Like

We don’t know the circumstances of their not becoming Naga. It’s more likely that t hey didn’t change because they were killed in the iniital sinking of the city. Or they were rejected by N’Zoth as not being strong or evil enough. or both.

Considering how many of them have referred to me as lowborne scum before trying to kill me… puts them down as stndard ancient Highborne in attitude.

The quest says that those who refused the “gift” were left the linger as spirits .

1 Like

They’re not gonna use the court of Farondis. If they wanted Highborne, they’d have used the ones still living in Night Elf society again after Wrath.

nazjatar was merely a setback

2 Likes

Less to do with Highborne and more to do with Farondis and Azshara. Of all the Broken Isle zone storylines, Azsuna and the Court of Farondis storyline was the only one that didn’t really get a conclusion. They missed an opportunity to have the Court of Farondis involved with Nazjatar to try to break the curse. And they missed that conceptually the Night Warrior might also be able to break the curse. But with Azshara still around, opportunities open up again.

Will they take the opportunity? I wouldn’t place any bets on it, at least not any more than Blizzard actually getting Malfurion and Tyrande and the living Night Elves involved with bringing down Azshara. But the opportunity is there again.

2 Likes

The only thing Blizzard seem to had intended for the Night Warrior was to open up the Darkshore Warfront.

Which is annoying that they would overlook their own lore:

This is also stated in game in an Archeology item:

Necklace with Elune Pendant

Elune is the primary goddess of the night elves. She is associated with the larger of the two moons, the White Lady. While she is a goddess of peace, she is not a pacifist. One of her aspects is the Night Warrior, who takes the valiant among the dead and sets them riding across the sky as stars.

This is likely what we saw with Ysera in Val’sharah.

1 Like

If Blizzard actually is interested in releasing more customization options for existing races, you probably couldn’t go wrong with either the ghostly Nar’thalassians or the uniquely complected Eldre’thalassians.

1 Like

This is actually a real silver lining in light of the cinematic. It opens up the opportunity for characters like Tyrande, Malfurion, or Farondis to show up to confront her again.

Hopefully they get it right with Azshara 2.

3 Likes