Naming names

Is it okay under the tos to name names on the forums now?

No

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

No. What on earth made you think that had changed?

Name my name and I will sic chuck Norris on you suckka.

This is from another post hence why I’m asking.

I would be very surprised if this is accurate, I don’t think the forum CoC was adjusted as such.

2 Likes

Ok just wondering. I just read the whole coc and the only thing I found referring to other players is Harrassment which was defined as insulting another player. I didn’t read one thing about not being able to name other players.

It’s not, which is sort of weird because for Classic especially, you would WANT people to know that So-and-so is a ninja or whatnot, since reputation matters.

Nope.

Reported.

one does not simply name a name on these forums…

Dude.

Undead mage.

Just sayin’.

I’m kindly asking where on the coc does it implicitly state “no names”.

Only thing I found is on the EU Forums:

Not sure, if the US and EU rules are synonymous with each other.

EDIT: I’m having issues finding the blue post, on the US about it.

Thanks. I didn’t see anything of that nature on the us coc for the forums. Only thing it said was don’t insult somebody.

It falls under

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
  • Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

If you’re naming to shame, that’s pretty much the equivalent of trying to have it result in ongoing harassment of another player.

(That’s directly quoted from the Forum CoC.)

1 Like

I knew a Blue posted about it, but that thread has since been deleted: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/addressing-hate-racism-in-wow-classic/352957/184
The quote read as so:

Keep in mind, we do not allow call out threads. If you wish to discuss a topic related to World of Warcraft, please focus on that and not on a group or individuals.

EDIT: And that was US.

1 Like

Yes I read that. Was kinda grey as are most legal topics ha! Need that wiggle room…darn lawyers

Poor Names. Always getting a bad rap. Its pronounced “Nah-mays” BTW

1 Like

Just trash on them on Reddit.