Name that is available is unavailable?

So, I’m trying to create a new character and I’ve had the name saved on another character for a long time. I saved this name on a different server (where I keep my horde characters) and now I want to use the name on a new character on a different server (where I keep my Alliance characters). I deleted the old character, switched servers and when I go to create the character it says that the name is unavailable. I also searched the server for players who may have the same name but there is nobody with it. Do I need to just wait or something? I am able to create the character with the name on my horde server. If he doesn’t get this name I’ll be pretty disappointed.

Thanks for the help!

If searching by armory, it doesn’t show character under level 10 (or did before the squish).

4 Likes

The Armory also won’t show characters that are created but not logged into yet.

1 Like

Names are saved per server. You saved the name on the server where your Horde characters are, not globally.

I have 3 different Aratharels, for example, all on different servers.

1 Like

Well, I haven’t begun any alliance characters yet so I can just pick any server with it available.

As Aratharel mentioned, Kanore, names are unique to the realm, not across the game. If you deleted the character on realm A, that doesn’t free the name up on realm B.

Looking at the recently deleted characters on Arthas I’m guessing the name you want was on that level 1 Worgen Warlock? What was the realm you wanted that name on? From what I can see it is taken on Darkspear by one of your characters.

2 Likes

After about an hour of searching I finally found an available server with a decent alliance population. Thanks for the help people!

2 Likes