Name stolen (Its unique)

Hi there. Just that, my nickname for classic was stolen. On retail, I’m the only one in ALL realms from America and Oceania with this name, “Kheypax”. I loged in just an hour after Classic Realm’s Release and can’t create the character.

Is there any way to get my name back? I’m Guild Master from 6+ years and also, a casual streamer for my community. This is upseting me a lot… Thanks. You can verify my account and will see it.

1 Like

Unfortunately no, names are on a first come, first served, basis.

17 Likes

Names are first come, first served. If someone else got it, then it’s theirs.

14 Likes

I’m afraid not, Kheypax. Name reservation are on a first come basis.

8 Likes

Check with your streamers, they may be holding it for you. If not, check with your enemies and bring copper. I’m GM from a 2004 guild, clearly without a unique name. I intend to treat classic as a fresh start. Or maybe incremental as in Repugnant for me and Ellpax for you.

So, just to be clear, somebody got to a name before you. You want the name taken away from that person sk you could have it?

Let me ask you a question. How would you honestly feel if the roles were reversed?

9 Likes

There a pretty fair amount of animosity towards streamers in the classic community. Many had announced their intention to get the streamer names.
On the other hand, someone may have seen a recent stream and decided they liked the name.
Another possibility is that people want to share the fame and possibly have people in-game assume they are the streamer - there’s a Swifty on every realm.

No matter what reason, they got to the name first.

Blizzard is not going to take a guess as to peoples intentions when they picked a particular name.

Did you try on different realms?

3 Likes

Ask around, see if you can find who has the name. Maybe they’ll give it to you or trade you for it. Lots are doing that, there were even threads in the classic forums for it.

2 Likes