Name Change system

So I wanted to use a name I had on my other account… I already changed the name on that toon and tried to use the name on the 2nd account but its saying its unavailable? I know someone couldnt of took the name because I did it immediately after changing the name. I also logged into the toon that I changed the name.

Are the characters on entirely separate Battle.Net accounts or just separate WoW accounts?

If the former, the name is locked to the original Battle.Net for 90 days before it can be used on the other.

3 Likes

Really that long? Ok guess will wait and just buy a name change then

Make sure you create a level 1 with your name for that 90 days. Just in case.

3 Likes

yeah thats the problem its a separate account, it sounds like if i do that id have to wait the 90 days the same. I can just make a calendar reminder when its been 90 days… I did just read now on forums it is 90 days for characters that used name change service.

You’d have to wait, yes. But once those 90 days are up, anyone has the opportunity to grab the name.

If you create a level 1 on the original account, it remains in your control even if you lose track of time for a day or two or even a week. You can delete it when you’re ready and instantly create the character on the new account without rushing to win a potential race against others.

2 Likes

But I also read that if a character is deleted you have to wait 30 days?

Only if it’s level 10 or higher.

1 Like

Okay thanks understand now

1 Like