Naga - Playable Race?

So, with the potential of Azshara being this morally gray character, and having the potential to be redeemed. What do you guys think of the possibility of getting a playable Naga race?

6 Likes

The ‘pants’ armor slot might be a bit of a concern.

lol wat?

/10char

2 Likes

Since Sylvanas is defined as morally gray, no reason Azshara can’t be either!

Azshara has the potential to be a morally gray character. Especially if/when N’zoth back stabs her… I can see her flipping and making some deal with the factions. She’s all about survival anyways

They were supposed to be in vanilla but they didnt know how to do gear for them. 15 some years later and still no naga. Kind of probably answers the question of if they’ve figured it out yet.

3 Likes

Oh, I know, and I really love the Naz’dorei concept, on the mmochampion website! Out of combat and for riding mounts, they’d be in their Elf form. Upon entering water or in combat, they’d show their true, Naga form, sort of like how Worgen are in their true form, during combat. For playable Naga, I could see them being Neutral to start out with, and be purely an aquatic race, until they choose to join either the Horde or the Alliance. If they join the Horde, their Elf form is based on the Blood Elf form, with being red in skin tones, and if they choose to be in the Alliance, they would be based on the Night Elf form, being purple-ish in skin colors.

4 Likes

Naga. Horrible creatures.

3 Likes

Can I burn them with felfire?

If yes, sure!

1 Like

With 8.2 both male and female naga npcs can kneel, wear certain helms, and the males have a sitting animation

And they’ve been able to wear pants and boots for a while now

What potential… morally grey character… huh… Azshara!?.. really?.. no I doubt that. Anyways, I’m sick of Naga, don’t want to see them as a race. And it’s not like we are helping Naga or have them be with us so a playable Naga race with no Pants Hide option is a no-go.

1 Like

Naga are the only characters that have a hide pants transmog option. Darn Op racials

3 Likes

Only if we can also have playable Murlocs.

Give me a two headed ogre mage/warlock instead. I will even give back the pandaren for it.

Actually in Nazjatar i’ve seen caster females wearing robes on the lower half of their bodies. Dont think they are clipped, or ‘halved’ or taking 3d-ish and paint it on.

Personally Im think we’re going to get a Jinyu/Naga splinter race, with a snake tail travel/swim form.

Would only work if part of her redemption arc somehow involved the Naga regaining their bipedal form. Ie their tail would need to be changed to legs somehow.

No. Naga as a playable race is a terrible idea.

I play without a shirt. What’s wrong with playing a character with no pants?

The pants slot thing is an easy fix. Find a titan relic McGuffin that partially cleanses the Naga of their old god influence. It turns them into something that looks more like an elf with two legs but still has alot of the serpentine features of the Naga.

Perhaps the character customization could allow you to choose between more elven or more serpentine features.

Give them a racial that gives them a swim speed bonus cd that briefly turns them fully into full Naga, underwater breathing and some small random stat increase.

I have seen concept art from an artist that explores this changing form option! It seems very viable since we already have Worgen and they can change depending on the situation.