-farewell-

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

28 Likes

I’ve played with Cybaster across a couple MMO’s (WoW and FFXIV) where he was the guild leader, and he was a fantastic one at that - best I’ve had over the years. I was in the same guild on another realm with him and a few other returning members. Our World PVP nights were an absolute blast, and Cybaster makes sure to make it as structured and organized as possible.

Also, we have movie nights every Friday for those that want to chill on our Discord! That being said, I know that Classic will be a lot of fun, and am looking forward to playing with current and future guild members, and the rest of you on the server. Cheers!

7 Likes

Your guild application should require a video of the applicant singing “Rock You Like A Hurricane” by The Scorpians, karaoke style. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi!
I’ve been with Hurricane for a little over 2 years, and this is where I’ve made some of my best memories in WoW. You can expect a mature, “old-school” vibe, with shenanigans and goofing off welcome. No edgelord humor or venomous weenie-waving here.
If you like playing the game with like minded friends, and you enjoy slaying horde scum, you’re gonna have a good time here.

Stop by our discord for a chat if you think we’re a good fit for you!
Looking forward to meeting new friends and playing together!

-Sunny

7 Likes

Bump to the top!

2 Likes

I support this suggestion.

2 Likes

Nice good to see coming to Classic. I have played with this guild on private servers for about a year. One of my favourite moments was where my lowly holy paly was having trouble questing in Hillsbrad. Turns out 4 guildies showed up to help out. Took maybe 2 hours to kill the yetis but we all got 300+ hk and I went from rank 0 to rank 3 pvp. Highly recommend this group for team minded players.

7 Likes

This is definitely a good bunch of guys to come back to classic with, and Cybaster makes for a good guild leader. There were a bunch of older experienced players in the guild when I joined, and they always made a point of helping the newer guys out when they needed it. And like he mentioned, everyone was always willing to help out with a dungeon run/group quest/save you from a gank/etc…

Remembering the Horde outpost raids we went on, that was some of the best times I had playing wow. I am looking forward to playing with these guys again here in a few months.

6 Likes

Hey, Played with these guys on private servers. Had huge world pvp raids and made tons of friends questing and running dungeons. Lovely group with great leadership. Look forward to playing with these guys again now that classic is coming back.

6 Likes

Bump to the top. We are going to watch The Raid: Redemption next Friday for those that want to join!

2 Likes

Welcome, Alsorna and Phantom! They’ll hopefully make themselves known here, for the sake of advertisement.

1 Like

Check out some old screenshots of HUR’s PvP raids, complete with 2004 era UI for total immersion.

https://imgur.com/a/Oh3crgf
3 Likes

Glad to join, Dwarven holy paladin incoming !!!

3 Likes

Never enough holy pallies. A wall of invulnerable metal, that’s my dream.

I’d also like to welcome Blind Fool and Soupinacan, who found us through other channels.

1 Like

Welcome Kaoticalmanac! A work mate of mine - going to be playing a warlock!

2 Likes

There’s apparently talk of designating an unofficial RP-PvP realm.

I like the idea, although I’m not married to it. Another perk is that it would likely be an easy way to dodge… Certain social trends that are spectacularly un-classic in nature. I don’t want to drag that debate into this thread directly, but it’s worth considering.

It’s worth noting that if we did this, text-heavy roleplay in HUR wouldn’t be mandatory. For some people, roleplay is simply getting into the bloodlust, and given that our culture doesn’t really do memes, it’d be easy to establish ourselves in that environment.

I haven’t personally done heavy duty RP in years. I like do to amusing speeches in shout, but that’s as in character as I get.

Opinions? Particularly curious about how people who are considering applying feel about this. Turn on, or turn off?

1 Like

I like the idea, as well. If they don’t provide an RP-PvP server, this is the 2nd best option. From the perspective of an incoming member, I much prefer some element of RP over a strict PvP server since I think that really fleshes out world defense, etc.

3 Likes

Hmmm, I might like to join on my hunt…

Never mind! HMPH!

Seriously though, this sounds like a pretty good place to be come Classic. A hoppin’ spot. A real classy joint. Jumping into the Discord. Rather, hobbling feebly into the discord.

3 Likes

been talking to them on thier discord and they seems pretty cool group of people will be rolling with them.

2 Likes

PvP (especially World-PvP) is my fav part of the game. I’m aiming for rank 14. However, I don’t plan to raid… at all. Do you accept non raiders?

3 Likes