[N-RP] Hide The Bodies: Crime Reporting Journalism and YOU!

Have your storylines veered towards the dark and unsavory lately? Got some good nonsense brewing? Need a capable but quirky reporter to cover your characters’ storylines? Have no fear-- the Azeroth Times now has a proper True Crime columnist reporting on all the unsavory parts of Azeroth.

Evelenn Rowanwood is a kind soul with a fascination with all things dark and morbid. She especially loves cold cases, but she’s willing to give a foot in the door into cases that aren’t completely buried. Her goal in life is to humanize victims, tell their stories, and focus heavily on the families of said victims. She may do biopics on notable criminals (because, let’s be real, it sells papers), but her focus is first and foremost the deceased and their families and friends.

I figured this RP could be an interesting way to shine some light on some of the more seedy crime RP going on in the server. It doesn’t have to be crimes committed by PCs-- if you play a member of the Guard, feel free to reach out to me about potential interviews about your character’s current line of work! Evelenn would also be interested in telling the stories of small-time criminals that served their time and are on the reform, or perhaps more sympathetic stories about underpaid and underfed workers neglected by their overlords.

Essentially, if you’ve got a toon that you’d like me to write about, feel free to reach out! It doesn’t need to necessarily be recent stuff, but I’d love to dig deep into other people’s storylines and have some fun with it. Evelenn isn’t free from biases, but she’s a Cenarion druid and thus is capable of moving around mixed faction land pretty easily.

I will likely be posting articles I don’t push to the Azeroth Times to either my Ao3 or my tumblr. It will all be done with permission, of course, but I figured it’d be something fun for the server c:.

9 Likes

Might I point you to my Stormwind Pickup rp plot where a Stormwind Guard was murdered!

This looks awesome!

While Helping Hands and its associated campaigns tend to run a little higher-fantasy than murder-mystery/city crime, we do have courtroom events, where our bad guys get captured and put on trial.

We RP’ed out two of them, and had two more off-screen:

1. Celestine Sorrowsong - Forsaken Blight alchemist sentenced to death
  2. Broodqueen Vess’tra - Fal’dorei insurrectionist sentenced to millennia of imprisonment
  3. Tide Priestess Falorashj - Naga who was capturing sailors
  4. Dalorax - Satyr and Falorashj’s brother and accomplice

Additionally, we have courtroom drama as part of the backstory for our antagonist campaign, where their leader was found guilty breaking the terms of the Armistice by murdering a Horde diplomat, but successfully conducted a jailbreak, and remains on the run from the Alliance.

And, our Hyjal arch is wrapping up in a few weeks, and we might have another trial for that one too!

So, if any of those sound like stories you like to cover, let me know! I’d be happy to discuss more!