[N-Guild] Brightmoon Faire đŸ€č - Now accepting casual RP folks!

An orc flips the last of her torches into the air. She deftly catches them as they drop down, spinning and doing tricks, and in the last moment breathing fire!

A dancer moves among the crowd, her clothing jingles with bells and false coins that jingle with every twist and turn. Accompanying her is a fiddler who seems to make it a personal challenge to throw the dancer off with changes in pace.

The smell of sweet fried foods fills the air as a goblin with a cart moves through the crowd peddling delicacies that follow the carnies - Elekk ears, breaded meats on a stick, and candy floss tempt those he passes.

A troll spins a tale about a tribe of death-whistlers
 he asks for a volunteer for a demonstration.

And off in the corner is a hooded figure laying down cards on an overturned box for her patron. Not trying to draw attention to herself, yet people still seem to seek her out to get the wisdom of the spirits.

The Brightmoon Faire is back in town!

CURRENT HEADLINERS - featured on old and new COLLECTIBLE posters hanging in every major hub:

• Mummified fire juggler & breather extraordinaire, Mumsie!

• Explosive Cannonball & Stunt Goblin, Pepperbomb!

• The Scarred Bard of Quel’thalas, Kasandros!

• The Mysterious Weaver of Dark Tales, Zandrys!

• Sorcerer of Shadow and Light, Thadeys!

• Worlds Cutest Ace of Explosive Devices, Honks the Clown!

• Master of the Fantastical Menagerie of Zandalar Beasts, Tassos!

• Adept of the Mystical Lamp of Truth, Senegio!

• The Fine Charcuterie Fortunes of Azing!

• The Humble Hefer of Fortunes, Lindiwe!

• And last but not least - our troupe of highly skilled & trained dancing bears: Lindiwe, Keja, Gorrimm & Tomah

To book a carnie for your next event, contact Mumsie, Gorrimm, Motink, or Pepperbomb.

Upcoming events: [N-Event] Brightmoon Shows đŸ€č Next: April - Date TBA

OOC

Founded on January 20th 2009, Brightmoon Faire is one of the oldest roleplaying guilds on the Wyrmrest Accord server.

NOW ACCEPTING CASUAL ROLEPLAYERS
Though we are a themed guild, we want to get to know and play with all sorts of folks. If you want a relaxed RP home for your toon with a built-in event to go to every month, please think of us. No hoops to jump through, we’ll just invite you.

THEME

The theme of the guild meant to be mysterious and transient. These are people that are looking to make a quick buck, and take advantage of those lured in by the enigmatic atmosphere. Or perhaps you are one that is disillusioned with the high life and went looking for something a little more fun

LOGISTICS

The primary focus is to promote public RP through planned events and through the support of various community events. We currently host The Brightmoon Faire Show and The Night Market.

Our main base of operations is the Underbelly in (Crystalsong) Dalaran, and most of our shows are held in (Crystalsong) Dalaran as well.

Brightmoon Faire is considered Neutral, and we have an Alliance side Guild to host blue members - we are currently looking for folks that want to help us run that side of the business since we are Horde mains.

SERVICES

Our ‘acts’ are actual interactive in-game performances that are enhanced by toys, in-game effects, spells, items, addons, etc. Depending on availability, we do hire out our carnies for your events!

Many of our carnies are craftsmen on the side and have goods for trade. Vendors and buskers available for your markets, let us know the date and time and we can see what we can do.

We do fortune-telling ICly for characters that wish to know what the spirits have to tell them or we can do IC tarot card pulls to give plot points or OOC build new or flesh out old characters.

For inquiry of any of these services contact Mumsie ICly and through BNET: spoonymog#1854

ACTIVITY

Right now we boast a small number of active accounts, and we are looking for a few more folks before we cap our recruitment.

Our current online time is generally Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun - mostly in the evenings.

We are a mature guild and many of us work 9 to 5’s, have families and projects that we share with our passion for our guild. We value the ability to plan ahead, communicate and keep in contact VIA Discord within our membership.

As far as what we do as a guild goes we host two public events, support other guilds events, and have our own Dicemaster storyline that we work on between shows as a guild. And, of course, just play the game.

HOW TO JOIN

1. Join the Discord and introduce yourself: discord.gg/CmrcMXE

2. Read through the Carnie Handbook

3. We will guild you as soon as we can get in-game

4. Send an IC letter of intent to Mumsie, Gorrimm, Pepperbomb or Motink through Discord or in-game

5. We will set up an IC audition of your proposed performance with you

Lindiwe/Mumsies BNET if you have further questions about joining: spoonymog#1854

WANTED ACTS

• Animal acts (perhaps a hunter that can manipulate combat and battle pets with toys and effects)

• Dance (text-based performance with effects and movement for visual interest)

• Comedy/clown acts (Stand up comedy basically)

• Musical acts (using the addon musician, or text-based)

• Magic acts (effect based act enhanced with text descriptions)

• Knife throwing (Rogue throw ability with dummy and volunteer enhanced with text)

• Tom Thumb or other oddities (growth or shrinking potions with associated act, likely comedy)

• Strong man/woman (growth potions with contenders costumes perhaps)

• Fire walker (Perhaps a Mage)

• Ventriloquist act (A duo act with a shrunken toon)

• Food and drink vendors (Sell some food and drink)

• Game players (Dice, portal roulette, etc)

• Fortune-tellers of all types (Bones, runes, cards, maybe even one stage act with plants in the audience)

In most cases, we will take on additionals of acts that we already run. For example, we can always use more fortune-tellers and dancing bears. We could use one more of each of the acts we currently run as well.

Show us some love :heart: If you liked our shows or our roleplay with you, support us through likes, comments, and sharing!

Check out our events here:

11 Likes

The brightmoon faire is one of the best - most relaxed guilds I have ever been able to be apart of; we are a lovely bunch of people. Please come check us out.

2 Likes

Come say hi. We’ve been around for longer than Illidan was in prison, so you know that means we’ve got that good, long-lasting fun.

3 Likes

Just a reminder that we are looking for a few folks that would like to join us. We are active Thurs - Sun, so we are a great place to start an alt while we try to gain more folks.

1 Like

Can I be one of the shifty Carnies that goes around picking all the spectators’ pockets?

2 Likes

Of course we are a fine upstanding faire, dear. One that would never pick the pockets or shill the customers.

But just if you did find yourself in a situation where you could take advantage of that, perhaps with the help of an insider, that insider would have to take a cut.

1 Like

Here is our next show for those that are looking for something to do Friday night!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/n-event-brightmoon-faire-show-feb-22/

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Brightmoon Faire is tonight! I’ll see you all there!

3 Likes

Liked our show? Become a part of the team!

1 Like

Join the team! Try and take the spotlight from me, I dare you.

2 Likes

We are looking for some more acts to fill out our roster! Right now Mumsie doesn’t give these folks a break between shows and works them to the bone. You can help!

1 Like

The story so far:

A few weeks ago Mumsie acquired, in a perfectly legal way, some prized, show quality Gryphon eggs from an undisclosed source.

The plan was to sell these eggs to the Darkmoon Faire for their petting zoo as a new feature. But as it happens when you are a shady individual dealing with shady individuals, that did not happen exactly as she envisioned.

The carnies at the faire tried to get the eggs at a fraction of what they were worth, and when the fine Brightmoon folks said no (with their fists) a rumble broke out.

Now, Mumsie wanted to get rid of the evidence, but Gorrim wouldn’t have it - saying something about how leaving a goblin face down in the sea was murder. The way she sees it, it is just gross negligence at best.

Seemingly everyone and their dog got in the way of Mumsie’s plan to fence her goods, and now she has two eggs and nothing to show for her HARD work.

She still wants to make money from this venture, so stay tuned for the next scheme.

Hello friends, colleagues - poor victims of the next pick pocketing; I come to you as a simple messenger!

Did you miss the last Brightmoon Faire show? If so - do not fear, do not cry, and rest easy; our next show is March 31st, in the good ol’ Dalaran (In Northrend)! This is a faction neutral event - got that blood elf cutie your crushing on? Bring her on down! Pop those elixirs of tongues, and meet us there at 6:30 ST! Pre-show starts at 6 ST. And don’t forget to wait around for to get your fortune told!

As always, we love and cherish you - and beg you to toss us some coin.

Hope to see you all there!

2 Likes

Come and see our wonderful show! Sadly I won’t be able to make it, so come see it for me! Tell me all about the awesome good fun and whatnot!

1 Like

Bumping this thread to remind everyone of our show!

1 Like

Still active and doing faire things on the DL while people finish up this Xpac.

Recently the Brightmoon Faire went on a bit of a field trip to a rival faire outside Shatterath. Mumsie had heard that it was a small time gig, but got a lead that this faire had gotten its hands on a document claiming ownership of the Brightmoon trademarks.

When they finally got there, it was a bit more than what they expected, not a small time gig but a carnival that looked to be rivaling Darkmoons! With some investigation (and maybe saving a couple folks from some
 accidents), the carnies found out that some local dark fey had been using the guise of a carnival as a hunting ground.

Perhaps a little in over their heads for simple faire folk, the managed to not die, and release the ringleader, Quinn, from the grasp of the dark fey. Knowing that the jig was up, they packed up shop and left.

The grateful Quinn swore off faire forever, handing over the ownership rights document that Mumsie had been searching for for months
 only for it to be snatched last minute by Gorrim as Mumsie was preoccupied with a oozing, fungus infested goblin named Azing.

Now Gorrim has the rights to the Brightmoon Faire, Mumsie is back at square one, and it looks like an actual Brightmoon has turned up (maybe), and on top of all that the former Ringleader Keyandros has also shown up asking questions.

Mumsie needs a new scheme and quick.

Our next show is June 8th! More info can be found here: [N-Event] Brightmoon Shows đŸ€č Next: April - Date TBA

We will be at the Horde cultural festival this weekend! Come check us out. We are always looking for folks to join our little guild, right now it is a great place for alts or if you are looking for something small and laid back.

Always hiring!

I’d like to welcome Calen to the guild! He is the most cute little Vulpera I have ever seen.

We just finished up our Night Market last night, thank you to all that attended. Keep an eye on our event topic for the next event - our variety show!

We hired two new acts today, I’d like to welcome Keja and Tassos to the guild! You can see them in the upcoming show on the 28th!

We also are Alliance side now! I am still focusing on H-side for now, but if there is someone interested in working with me to get A side up and running ship shape
 connect with me.