[Myzrael] Had a name reserved, lost it within 30 seconds of remaking the character

Join the herod discord/reddit and look. https://discord.gg/uNEynX

i yoinked a name last night, was trying it for the past 2 days, someone must have deleted to remake it, i feel bad but :s

2 Likes

I’m sorry about your situation, but I would laugh that after alllll of this bickering… that it ends up being just a glitch (;

I really hope so. Or that the person with my name doesnt play or I can bargain with them or something. I’m quite upset about this regardless of who is at “fault” for this situation

if your done with char creation, why are you just sitting logged in? There are 1000s of people in que the day of. I think there is a time limit so people dont just sit logged in preventing the next waiting person from getting in. I mean really… If you got the name and then proceeded to re-create it over and over the DAY OF reservation, you were just asking for this to happen in my opinion.

1 Like

Dude, I understand you’re upset, but you really should not be deleting names you care about. All the character looks fine tuning will not even be visible when playing except for hair. But name is kinda forever… I do wish you best of luck but let this be a lesson learnt.

1 Like

i would laugh if you re-created it so much you reserved it against yourself.

2 Likes

That is my purpose for making this thread.

I’m asking if two things are possible: reserving names via bot (for the peace of mind that this was a possibility and I’m not just insanely unlucky) and locking oneself out of a name

I did the same with a couple of my toons as well

1 Like

Bots can do anything, but why would a bot bother reserving your name if it was truly so unique? A bot would be trying to reserve names that are in demand, not obscure ones. Face it, someone else wanted the same name you had, you deleted it, they got it. As for the other possibility, that this is a lockout from deleting too many times, for the low, low price of 15 bucks you could test this RIGHT NOW, by simply creating and deleting a character multiple times with a truly unique name on another account and seeing if you lock yourself out. But I don’t think it really is that important to you or you would never have risked losing the name in the first place by deleting it 15 fracking times just to save the cost of a 1 month sub!

Should have waited for an off period and rerolled. Tons of people are online now trying to get names people are deleting on other realms as they move to Stalagg etc.

3 Likes

Try a diff server

obviously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I didn’t care what blizzard made my toon as long as I got my name. My main looks like a fugly old human man, second is a not too bad looking gnome chick, and third is a female dwarf. All three way totally different then what Im gonna make them, but I don’t care what they look like now. I can change that after it goes live and the name is mine to keep for 30 days after deletion.

4 Likes

Wait so how are we supposed to edit characters if they can be snatched up? Or are we really just supposed to hope that someone doesn’t snatch it up while you delete to customize? Got a decent name and I really don’t want to have to wake up in the middle of the night just to edit my character and still have it taken

After it goes live log in with that toon, then the name is yours for 30 days.
So customise at will.

But If you never log in, I think it gets deleted after 10 days or something.

Is it confirmed that if I wait until Live and then log in with the toon that I have the name for 30 days and I am therefore free to take my time in re-making it?

Is this confirmed? As it relates to once we go live and login, the name is ours for 30 days?

Ive no idea how to quote from other posts, but the below was a blue post on the name creation thread. Read into what you will. I am certainly making no guarantees for you.

If it works that way in the live game as well, I can guess you name is never safe if you delete the character for any reason, even after the game goes live.